Notices

Real close call!

Old 10-10-2011, 11:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Real close call!

I was having strong urges to get high last night. i talked about it with my sponser and a few other folks in my support group. I went to a meeting - feeling went away for awhile. Then it hit hard later on at night around 1am. The urge made my gut flip. It was intense and sadly, I didn't want to tell anyone about it and have them talk me out of it. At this hour I didn't want to make any more calls and truthfully I was determined to get high (just a little -my denial and lie i tell myself)

Anyway, I got in my car and drove to one of the usual spots couldn't find anyone but I got pulled over by a cop for being in the wrong part of town and there was some discrepancy in my tags. I got searched, questioned, he didn't give me any tickets and I was let go. he gave me a verbal warning to straighten out my tags. Guess what, that urge went away instantly. i went home, happy and relieved I didn't score and or get nabbed. in fact those cops were my guardian angels. (and by the way I didn't tell them I was on my way to score dope)

Incidentally, I almost never got stopped or pulled over when i was getting high and thats probably hundreds of times i scored for over 20 years. Anyway, I'm keeping my clean date. And I'm gonna continue on with my recovery.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Please tell your sponsor about what you did, and I'm sure he or she will tell you to call and wake them instead of getting in the car.

This program is about helping others. I think the reason your sponsor is willing to help you is for those 1 a.m. calls.

And it's no surprise the urge went away after being frisked but the cops. But remember that the urge subsided after talking to others in the program and came back when you decided it was to late to reach out and call again. Call. I don't think you go to jail for that unless you call randomly and breath heavily.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like a God Shot to me happybear

D
Old 10-11-2011, 06:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

Your Higher Power is showing! Talk to others & come up with a plan, and a back up plan!
Old 10-11-2011, 06:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good to hear that you didn't get in trouble. Lucky the cop was there.