Notices

Can you get Hep C if you've never shared?

Old 10-10-2011, 10:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can you get Hep C if you've never shared?

Is possible to get hepatitis from your own dirty needle? Let's say you fix and then hide the needle away and forget about it. Then you relapse and use it let's say two weeks later. Can you get hepatitis from your own old blood? Or is it only from someone who already has it. I've used iv since I was 19, but never shared needles or works. After I became truly addicted, I just wanted to be alone with the drug. Usually so paranoid that I would hide everything out of some crazy fear that the cops were going to bust the door down. I'd lose a needle and then come across it later, and stupidly use it without cleaning because the jones would be so bad. (btw, if coke were legal, would you still get paranoid? I mean if you don't have to worry about the police, who would you be hiding from. After a couple days of shooting, you start to see things and end up hiding behind the water heater in the basement for hours until the jones is worse than the fear....pathetic, huh). Anyways, my point is: can an unshared old needle of your own contaminate your blood? Should I get tested even though I dont have any symptoms?
Old 10-10-2011, 11:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't know for sure - you'd want to ask your doctor - but I would think it would be very difficult to get hep c from your own needle without actually having it...the virus has to come from somewhere and if you don't have it, you can't contaminate your needle and give it back to yourself...I think. But yeah, ask a doctor!

Also, a note on the coke thing, I never really got paranoid about cops - I got paranoid about other stuff...so, I bet even if it were legal, one might still be paranoid (when I was shooting coke, for instance, I would hide from "burglars" or the noises I was hearing - not cops)
Old 10-10-2011, 11:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Man, I would get so paranoid that I would. Unplug the fridge because I thought it was too loud and the microwave because I thought the digital clock light was too bright. When you get hat paranoid the "fun" is over after the second shot! Man, I love and hate that stuff!
Old 10-10-2011, 11:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Why not get tested if you're worried about?

I think it's just a simple blood test.