Notices

not feeling well today and at a bar

Old 10-07-2011, 03:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry not feeling well today and at a bar

Been feeling really bad for a few days. I just got off the gym and was going to see a movie Real Steel. The movie does not start until 40 minutes and decide to go to a bar and eat and have a drink before I go see the movie. I know I should not drink but just everything feel like err and want to get away for a few hours.

I know it will not help but my mind is set and everything will be okay. Will reply later after the movie.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
rode hard and put away wet

Originally Posted by ACT10Npack View Post
everything will be okay.
Maybe. Maybe not. You never know with alcohol and okay is relative I guess. You deserve better.

Much love.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can't expect any kind of changes if you change nothing act10n.
I hope you change your mind.

D
Old 10-07-2011, 03:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I had 3 drinks and a burger. Watching the movie and feel crap still. :-(
Old 10-07-2011, 04:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well in at the bar again. I could not set through the movie. Wanted for someone to pick me up to take me home. Want to lay down and cry. Don't know but I feel like I'm going to snap.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not sure what you want to hear act10n?
Drinking lost it's power to make me feel good a long time ago - I suspect it's the same for you too.

You know drinking is no good for you, you know what it's done to you in the past, and you know it's going to make your domestic situation harder again

I'm sorry you feel badly - but fair or not sometimes no one is gonna come along and pick us up, tell us what to do or hug us...sometimes we just have to get it done ourselves, you know?

You can either sit there passively and drink, or you can be proactive and try and do something about why you feel so bad.

what are you prepared to do to help yourself today?

D
Old 10-07-2011, 04:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you made the choice to drink.

Dee is absolutely right on in everything he said.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sorry

To hear that you are having a bad day.. just remember that tomorrow is a new one..
Old 10-07-2011, 05:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm on my way home. Not drinking and no one knows I was drinking. Feel bed still and want to lay down on my bed. I just dont know why it pop up as I I still have the same problems like past week.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
...than never

Is there any reason you can't just lie down and feel bad for a while? I've had good results by just letting the feelings go on for a while, then I tend to be over them pretty soon. If I try to escape them by drinking...they just come back stronger. Don't be like me and need 10,000 lessons to learn that...good luck.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by betterlate View Post
Is there any reason you can't just lie down and feel bad for a while? I've had good results by just letting the feelings go on for a while, then I tend to be over them pretty soon. If I try to escape them by drinking...they just come back stronger. Don't be like me and need 10,000 lessons to learn that...good luck.
Amen to you. It's easy to forget that we are supposed to have feelings, because we spent so long avoiding them. Thanks for these wise words.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Actionpack,

I think you have been feeling bad for a long time. I don't know your situation fully, so forgive me if I am mistaken but I think that your life is at a standstill, you feel bad so you drank which made you feel worse. You did need to change the feeling but you chose the wrong medicine.
Time to get out and find out about yourself and your feelings, get to the bottom of things.
I hope you can find the right support to help you growand strengthen in your sobriety.

CaiHong