Notices

Having my first bad day :/

Old 10-06-2011, 07:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Having my first bad day :/

Sigh..not really sure whats come over me today but I just feel really down for some reason. Its Friday lunchtime here, coming into my 3rd weekend of sobriety and things have been really good so far, Ive felt great..then WHAM! today Im over reacting to stupid things and have burst into tears literally for no reason. This just isnt me at all..

I just logged on here because I had my first REAL thought of actually getting sh*t faced drunk since getting sober because..hey! what the hell? I feel like crap anyways, but I know its not going to help. Ill just feel worse..

Im gonna put it down to being tired and plod on with my day..this too shall pass, but as Edward in Twilight says 'its not without difficulty'..damn straight!

Have a good day/night, just wanted to vent really,

Maz x
Old 10-06-2011, 08:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I was quite emotional in early recovery. I think most people are. I would cry at the drop of a hat for seemingly no reason. Hang in there. It'll subside, but take it for what it is...your brain trying to heal itself.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

You drank & numbed feelings, now they're coming out. Journal, read, figure out what to do.

I work an aa program.

This will change! Nothing drinking wouldn't make worse.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks,

Im just about to start pulling all the stored items from an old hobby of mine (design and making necklaces) out the back of the cupboard and blow the dust off it all..might as well pass the time doing something I love instead of whining..
Old 10-06-2011, 10:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Mazza,

Good on you for the 3 weeks of sobriety. It's easy when it's easy, right. You have the right attitude though, it will pass. I am just over 4 months sober and today as I was riding my bike I was comparing myself, my fluctuating moods. Riding my bike is my test of how well I am doing, I didn't get angry once, well I muttered something under my breath but it didn't get under my skin.

As I was riding along I got a request to make lunch, I automattically said yes but as I went further I thought I don't want to make lunch and why didn't I just say I didn't. So I rang the person and was just about to tell them I didn't feel like making lunch when they told me they had changed their mind and would be going home.

Now this quite boring little anecdote tells me, think then speak or even say, give me a minute I will call you back.

Yes, get back into that hobby. Have a good weekend.

CaiHong
Old 10-06-2011, 11:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Early recovery really is a rollercoaster - I remember some pretty atypical emotional reactions myself

I think you have the right idea Mazza - there's no feeling so crappy a drink won't make worse

Stick with it - loads of support here
D
Old 10-06-2011, 11:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Staying busy helps me for sure. And those bad days are really bad initially. But I posted in another thread, that if I persevere though those bad days, the next day always seem to be really good for me for some reason. Maybe it's a feeling of winning a little battle in this war or maybe it's chemical. Hang in there. And venting feels great!
Old 10-07-2011, 12:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You're not alone. I'm coming up for four months sober now and I'm riding that roller coaster constantly at the moment. I find regular AA meetings are what keep me grounded, but everyone is different.

I just keep listening to people with longer-term sobriety to me and try to keep my faith that things will improve with time. I spent 15 years developing my alcoholism so I try to be realistic about the time-frame of my recovery.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I love this place.

Pms?
Old 10-07-2011, 01:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I can't give advice on getting through long term sobriety but I can echo what someone (and My Best Friend's Wedding) has said: "this too shall pass." And it does...it really does!! Best Wishes to you!
Old 10-07-2011, 01:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
instant

I think what you are experiencing is normal for early recovery. I have had a really bad few days about every 3-4 weeks. They are less intense as time goes on. I use them to become more determined not to drink.