Notices

Months 4,5 ??

Old 10-06-2011, 06:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Months 4,5 ??

Just wanted to see how others recovering felt during these 2 months?
Old 10-06-2011, 06:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It was a while ago for me but I remember it being a period of consolidation - I was just beginning to feel better, and I was learning to trust that feeling wouldn't fade.

I also started to work on some of the deeper underlying issues I had, so although some days where quite traumatic, I felt I was centred and in a good place to work on that kind of stuff.

I felt pretty good at 6 months as I remember - I hope you will too BGS

D
Old 10-06-2011, 08:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

I'm making meetings & working my program. Taking naps still but eating better. Lots of memories, so a bit emotional, yet feeling & moving on. So so in a general way.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Be careful I relapsed right around 4 or 5 months. Sorry for the negativity, but, I wish someone had reminded me.

congrast on the sober time! Keep it up!
Old 10-07-2011, 08:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

As I recall, from reading an old blog post, the worst was over for me, though I'm not sure I knew it at the time. My biggest fear was relapse; a fear that never materialized.

Read up on PAWS--post acute withdrawal symptoms. A lot of the low points in my recovery during the stretch from 90 to 180 days could be attributed to this.

I wish you the best.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

Months 1 and 2 weren't fun 3 and 4 was ok, 5 and 6 were better 7 and 8 were good 9 and 10 were good 11 and 12 weren't very fun. 13 is good.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Month 5 is treating me OK so far. Month 1 was really rough, I was very moody and irritable. Months 2 and 3 were tough. It was probably sometime in month 4 that things started to get a little better for me. And now the idea that I'll never drink again is pretty OK with me. I do feel better, sleep better, and I know I am healthier.

I do fear relapse. Have had several dreams lately where I "accidentally" drink a big old glass of whiskey, or gin, or beer, and then figure "well, I've already fallen off the wagon, might as well go whole hog." I actually woke up my husband one night to ask I had gone out that night to make sure it was only a dream. So I am still scared enough of relapse (and remember how awful that first month was) to steer very clear.

Keep up the good work!
Old 10-07-2011, 01:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone. It's nice to not feel so alone. Some feeling freak me out, but I know I gotta get though this to feel better.