Notices

Recommended books

Old 10-06-2011, 11:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Recommended books

Greetings all ! I am just finishing up reading Caroline Knapps book "Drinking a Love Story". It is a very good read and giving me tremendous strength . Does any one have any recomenfdations for other books to read for strength and wisdom? Thank you in advance and God Bless all you wonderful people.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i've been reading "sober for good". the author clearly does not agree with AA. using a sample of 200+ "alcoholics" and their differing methods for achieving sobriety. it has been helpful to read together, with my partner. good luck
Old 10-06-2011, 12:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I really like Augusten Burroughs (for a more humorous, yet powerful, point of view) - Magical Thinking and Dry are two of my favorites. I also like Smashed by Koren Zailckis...The Lost Years by Kristina Wandzilak...More, Now, Again by Elizabeth Wurtzel...anything by Anne Lamott (my favorites are Traveling Mercies and Plan B: Further Thoughts on Faith)
Old 10-06-2011, 12:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

You might look here: The Book Club - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information .

Not all books discussed are necessarily recovery-related but it seems to me most are.