Notices

Just Say No

Old 10-04-2011, 06:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ETA

Just Say No

I saw this article titled "Just Say No: How to Refuse Food" on caloriecount.com - it struck me that it's pretty much the same advice for refusing drinks...

Just Say No: How to Refuse Food

My personal approach has been similar to this article's approach. I especially relate to this:

Don’t say you’re on a diet. You are the only one who is in control of what you eat, so don’t give others food excuses like "I can’t" or "I’m sorry." Own your healthy food conviction by not making it an issue.

It could easily be switched to: "Own your healthy living conviction by not making it an issue."

I haven't been on this site much recently. I'm over 3 months w/out drinking and feeling progressively better as time goes on.

The fact that I haven't lost a pound is a bummer... hence me reading diet articles.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've started weight lifting again and that's my new goal and hobby instead of drinking. Congrats on 3+ months dry. I'm on a low-carb diet. I lost 80 pounds once in 3 months on it and am starting it again. It WORKS real well. Try to keep your carb intake under 20-25 grams a day by eating mostly meat, eggs, cheese, and low carb vegetables like green beans. I guarentee you your pants will start slipping off within a week!