Notices

Yay -- sober weekend!

Old 10-02-2011, 01:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Yay -- sober weekend!

Yay! I've managed to remain sober this weekend. Have been distracting myself (by cruising posts & chat room, cleaning, reading ... ), and feel great. It's been hard at times, with the temptation of a big discount liquor store across the street from my place, and a pub next door ... but i'm surviving. And feel great. Nobody ever died from a craving ... so i'll just let those cravings pass.
Thanks to all for posting and sharing -- it's been helpful to know i'm not alone. And now, this being my 5th post, means i'll be able to enter the arcade and distract myself some more. Happy weekend!
Old 10-02-2011, 03:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go breester - congratulations!

D
Old 10-02-2011, 06:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you breester! I spent my first sober weekend here at SR too! I remember thinking, "I'll give it another hour"... Okay, "I can make the next hour" and so on. SR rocks!!
I'm happy you made it through the weekend. Your right ..... Nobody ever died from a craving. Love it!! Keep up the good work...you can do this!

Best Wishes To You!
Old 10-02-2011, 07:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Best After Date:June 12, 2011

Congrats on your sober weekend!!
Old 10-02-2011, 05:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats! I made it through my first weekend too... YAY! I had a wedding yesterday and I was the DD, but there were moments of weakness but thankfully never gave into the temptation. I went in thinking it wasn't going to be so hard, but I told myself mulitiple times just get though today/tonight!
Keep it up, we can do this together!
Old 10-02-2011, 07:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

breester - that is wonderful news. You'll feel better & better as you go along.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Congrats!
I have watched two Sundays of football in a row without my old beloved beer (have not done that in 15+ years), I feel better than ever. I am loving iced tea and eating better. I have an MP3 player and enjoy listening to the audio files from xa-speakers.org, can listen on the computer, through my headphones when I walk and in the car. They (and SR) have really help me.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

This weekend is my first as well! Good for you! It is nice to know I am not alone in the world with this addiciton
Old 10-03-2011, 09:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats on getting through the weekend guys! This was my second weekend. Went out to a club Fri night to see a band. My husband was having beers, I wasn't. My mind tried many times to convince me I could have a few beers, but I didn't. By the end of the night my husband was drunk along with many other club goers and I remembered why I was quitting. The next night we hung out and barbecued, usually another drinking activity. My brain tried and tried again. I even said at one point "I'm gonna have a beer. Hanging on the patio doesn't make sense without drinking a beer" I never did have that beer.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Way to go I made it through a tough weekend for myself as well and I am coming up on about 30 days now!

Go Us!!!!