Notices

Day one, again.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
I love this place.

BORING! U r here for a reason! We all love u...we all been there....seriously!!! We get ya. Get in meetings, get some support in real life...meanwhile, u can hang with us, we get it!!!! Come hang out in chat! We talk live and help each other through this!

Old 10-04-2011, 01:43 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I made it one day again, my will power is low and it should be high, but I'm still lifting and trying to moderate even though I know it doesn't work. I did shave my beard today for a work related charity event (the beer has added too much bulk).
Old 10-04-2011, 01:43 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you for all your support
Old 10-04-2011, 02:28 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TallWater View Post
Thank you for all your support
Stay positive Tall! Just remember your quality of life when you used to use, when you want to, or call a close friend! Orrrrr POST HERE!! :-D

Good luck I'm sure you'll do great, just keep that chin way up!!
Old 10-04-2011, 07:25 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Welcome. I'm a newcomer as well and pleasantly suprised by this site.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:31 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I continue to start over... day one for me, I 'm really going to try this time! hope I can find help here....
Old 10-09-2011, 10:53 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm in a loop still as well, day two, and I want to drink a glass of wine tonight when home.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:39 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

TallWater....
lawdogg...

Welcome...glad you are here with us...

I've been useing AA for my sucessful recovery for many years.
I hope you wil check out what AA has to offer.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:26 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

10 days for me, I remember quite vividly that nasty agonizing feeling of defeat, driving home from a crack binge, scared to face my family b/c I did it again and the overwhelming feeling of self disgust, shame and depression. Since then I slowly got the strength to go to meetings, work with my sponser, work my steps. I see others who believe there is hope for me and it helps to know that they believe in me although I have little hope for myself most of the time. Good Luck
Old 10-10-2011, 01:09 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Tallwater I can totally relate to wanting a wine when you get home. I stopped almost 2yrs ago and got 6mths. I picked up again and drank that glass of wine/ bottle and for over a further 18mths drank almost daily. I now have only 12 days behind me but I could so easily open that wine every evening. The thing is I just know that I will have to go through this again and again until I change the cycle. No matter how much I want to have that wine (and trust me I want it) every single evening from around 4pm that is all I think about, I just know that I will achieve very little else with my life if I don't somehow break this hold it has over me. All I can do is take it a moment at a time because quite honestly I don't think I have the strength to face a whole day at a time. I trust and know (from stopping before) that this does and will get easier. Keep posting regardless, you will get there in the end, just don't give up.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:47 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pixy1 View Post
Tallwater I can totally relate to wanting a wine when you get home. I stopped almost 2yrs ago and got 6mths. I picked up again and drank that glass of wine/ bottle and for over a further 18mths drank almost daily. I now have only 12 days behind me but I could so easily open that wine every evening. The thing is I just know that I will have to go through this again and again until I change the cycle. No matter how much I want to have that wine (and trust me I want it) every single evening from around 4pm that is all I think about, I just know that I will achieve very little else with my life if I don't somehow break this hold it has over me. All I can do is take it a moment at a time because quite honestly I don't think I have the strength to face a whole day at a time. I trust and know (from stopping before) that this does and will get easier. Keep posting regardless, you will get there in the end, just don't give up.
Thank you Pixy, It seems so innocuous, but I know that it is only hindering my quiddity.

I lifted hard last night and had a long day at work (I work a swing shift 4 days a week) and wanted to watch Dexter tonight, but I forgot to set the dvr to record.

Tonight was a 12 million dollar install of network gear, done stone cold sober:

That's the network side of the internet.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:06 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Day two.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:20 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Day 2 for me as well I guess.

I think I drank all the wine in the fridge (scared to look) so as long as I avoid the urge to go to the store I may be OK. I know the real test comes on Friday.

Just going to keep focussing on not drinking today.

Hang in there TW.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:15 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

tiger1, you are so right. One must drive past the store. I only keep enough for one day so if I don't stop at the store tonight I will be golden.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:24 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Lawdogg, Ohgod247, Fallwater

Welcome! I am glad you guys found this site. It is helping me save myself. Take care.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:30 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ohgod247 View Post
I'm new here, too. I have been a horrible binge drinker for the past 3 years and have drank since I was 15. I am 28 now. Got off of a FORTY day binge months ago and had a huge seizure. It scared the crap out of me. Well, just got off a 9 day binge and had another seizure and my families starting to hate me. I really wanna stop this time. Day 2 for me. Hope and wish you all the best!
thats my biggest fear! having a seizure! ive never had one all the other times ive quit though, so i dont know why i get worked up about them, every little tremble i have i give myself anxiety about it lol
Old 10-17-2011, 11:33 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

i guess technically this isnt my day two if i had a glass of wine last night...instead of my normal bottle?? lol