SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I rather have the physical then the physiological.... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/237479-i-rather-have-physical-then-physiological.html)

gall1972 09-28-2011 07:59 AM

I rather have the physical then the physiological....

Hello,

I much rather have the physical hangover then the physiological hangover. I feel I can control the physical one and it goes away a lot faster.

The physiological hangover sneaks up on you and bites down hard when there is a just a slight reminder of things you did while drunk.

When the physiological trigger goes off when I am all alone I just scream out loud or start cursing out loud in pure anger.

I cant talk to my best friend who is my wife about this, because she still thinks I am on the wagon from way back......

Ghostlight 09-28-2011 08:41 AM

Well, there's one way you can end both: stop drinking.

I, too, remember the mental anguish after drinking. It is, in a word, awful.

I do hope you can stop. If you go to any length to get sober, it can be done.

Best to you, and welcome.

GettingStronger2 09-28-2011 08:45 AM

perhaps some of the mental anguish would be relieved if you were to try being honest with your wife. Secrets kill.

oh2exhale 09-28-2011 12:13 PM

hangover vs hangover

Hello - I noticed you have been in the recovery circle much longer than me, but I was curious if you are working your steps and working in a close, open and honest relationship with a sponsor to keep you accountable. Every day I am granted a reprieve from my drinking problem based on my spiritual fitness. Every day I remind mysellf that each morning begins with working the FIRST step...the program works if you work it. Get at it as if your very life depends it 'cuz it does-hope this helps.

Dee74 09-28-2011 02:20 PM

Welcome back Gall - long time no see :)
Whats your plan this time?

D

gall1972 09-28-2011 02:45 PM

I mean psychological not physiological...

Sorry for the mistake.....

gall1972 09-28-2011 02:54 PM

Well Dee and everyone else...

This time... I think its time to fix me. I need to fix whats the matter with me that causes my triggers. I have tons and tons of baggage that I need to share with someone so I can release them from my soul.

I'm going to sign up for some counseling sessions to start with....

I would love to work a person to person 12 step program but I cant. I am not going to type a bunch of excuses as to why, I am just going to say I cant.

I realized a lot this time. One thing I have noticed is that the results of a drunk night are getting worse and worse. I ve been so very lucky that I have not hurt anyone or gotten arrested.

I also have noticed as I have stated... the hangovers are getting worse and worse with each time I drink up.

First thing is for me to start getting better.... then I will try to fix everyone and everything else. The other things really dont matter as long as I am this sick.....

Gall