Notices

One Month Sober and ...

Old 09-27-2011, 11:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One Month Sober and ...

It's been a month since my last drink. Everything is going well with me not drinking. The problem I have is the at night, I have these cravings for food and when I give in, I go all out until I feel stuff as a mother. The next day, I'm tired and sweating. This happens a few times a week. It's something that I don't like at all. I found this to be just as bad as binge drinking. I'm thinking I don't have a drinking problem but a binge problem in general. Change one bad problem with an other.

Don't know what to do about this? It's just something that happens a split second and I go all out. The only difference between the food and alcohol is that I don't go a few days with binge eating but I didn't start doing that with alcohol until a few years later.

Any ideas about this?
Old 09-28-2011, 12:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
July 8, 2011

it probably has something to do with blood sugar as we all know thats a common issue with alcoholics. as im sure you're body is still affected by it and is still recovering.

CONGRATS on one month!
Old 09-28-2011, 01:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

No it's not that because I'm not eating ice cream or anything sugary. My controlling of my actions hard for me. Changing no addiction to an other one. I also don't crave alcohol and only drink out of the blue just like my food bingeing.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Fantastic to be one month sober congrats

When I used to do a lot of weights in the gym in my 20's I also tried to restrict the types of food I ate (beer didn't count then that was just an allowed extra ).

After a few days of turkey and tuna I'd have a mars bar eating session!

I agree with Sara it's probably something to do with blood sugar. Why not go and see your GP?
Old 09-28-2011, 01:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think seeing your Dr is a good idea.

I think last time you posted about this, someone mentioned the possibility you might be transferring addictions?

I think that's also worth thinking about and maybe mentioning to your Dr, act10n

D
Old 09-28-2011, 04:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This only happens at night which is the same thing with I start drinking alcohol.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Action,

I've read that our bodies will signal a dietary deficency ( certain minerals, vitamins, etc) and will continue to send signals to the brain craving food.

I guess the theory goes; ..... the body's expecting what it's still needing.

Improving my diet (and learning to listen to my body) took some time after years of alcohol abuse/ addiction.

Congrats on not drinking for a month !!

That was a real BIG deal for me.