Notices

Questions about becoming sober

Old 09-28-2011, 02:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

My insomnia was present before and after my drinking/drugging, but for most people it's temporary. Hang in there...it's pretty nice on the sober side of things

I'll just reiterate what everyone else is telling you - check with your doctor! Especially if the insomnia thing doesn't go away. There are some decent non-addictive meds out there if it sticks around - insomnia can be maddening.

Good luck - you can do this!! SR is a great place to get support.

Btw, ink plays a big role in my recovery too - I have 4 tattoos currently (none are very big) and I got one to celebrate my new life sober. I also have plans for at least 3 more...one of which will be on my first sober anniversary!
Old 09-28-2011, 02:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

JellyBabyBoo and TigerLili...

Thanks for your input on the matter, I really hope it is only short term insomnia, but I fear the worse. Like I said, before I ever started drinking, I could never sleep. I'd be lucky if I slept 3-4 hours a night, but most nights, I would do nothing but toss and turn. We'll see what happens after week one. Hopefully I will be sleeping like a baby.

@JellyBabyBoo
I haven't really looked into why I've been having such bad stomach cramps, but I'm waiting until I fully detox to see if it's because of the detox period, or if I just have them in general. Both of these issues are things that I'm going to have to watch and work out over time. I'll keep you all posted, you 2 let me do the same if you find out anything else on your end.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:37 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by grateful101010 View Post
I had a tough 2-3 nights sleeping after quitting. Then started taking melatonin. That helped a lot. Started sleeping bee-yootifully. Then ran out of melatonin. Have been sleeping bee-yootifully every single night for 10 months, no melatonin, no nothing, just a clear head. Welcome to SR.
Thanks for the input. I'm looking into Melatonin now... did you take a strong dose or something on the lower side?
Old 09-28-2011, 06:37 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I had a tough 2-3 nights sleeping after quitting. Then started taking melatonin. That helped a lot. Started sleeping bee-yootifully. Then ran out of melatonin. Have been sleeping bee-yootifully every single night for 10 months, no melatonin, no nothing, just a clear head. Welcome to SR.