Notices

on day 3 after 1 yr of everyday drinking

Old 09-26-2011, 01:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

You haven't lost the fight and don't dwell on your past too much please. That can set you into another tailspin. Focus on your future and the possibilities that await you. Self discovery is a wonderful road to be on. If you had not had the past you had then you wouldn't be at these crossroads. There is a reason and a season and you made it. Woo hoo!
Old 09-26-2011, 01:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

on day 3 after 1 yr of everyday drinking

HI, On day three. Wow, feeling alot better than i deserve. I cant believe my body has not crashed on me during all this time of abuse. Im talking for a woman at least a pint of rum a day, not mixed, straight. I dont drive so maybe all that bike riding has helped my body fight for its life. But my head is clear, I cant remember thinking so clear and organized and I know I am still in detox, What was I thinking. Im going to be doing some research about my behavier and life experiences that keep me a prisioner. My whole life is pretty much a loss. Sure I did things, had jobs, had boyfriends, had hobbies etc.. But nothing compared to what I could have done if I had not been drinking everyday since I was at least 18 now Ill be 47 in Oct. Not much to show. Im not about blame but I do need to do some self research so I can get on with what is the rest of my life the way it should be.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lucky break, about not having a bad withdrawal I mean. They get worse each time though (for me anyway) so try and stay sober! Well done! It must have taken a lot to eventually stop.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Ventura
Congrats on the 3 days

I think you're being a bit hard on yourself - noones life is a total loss.

I used to think about wasted opportunities etc but there really is little point wasted energy on things we can't go back and redo. We need to focus on today.

These day I tend to think everything I did, good and bad, has bought me to this point in time, and made me who I am today - & that's no bad thing

D
Old 09-26-2011, 02:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Keep On Keeping On

Congrats! You have to begin somewhere and today is the day. Welcome to the journey!
Old 09-26-2011, 02:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome

Originally Posted by ventura47 View Post
HI, On day three. Wow, feeling alot better than i deserve. I cant believe my body has not crashed on me during all this time of abuse. Im talking for a woman at least a pint of rum a day, not mixed, straight. I dont drive so maybe all that bike riding has helped my body fight for its life. But my head is clear, I cant remember thinking so clear and organized and I know I am still in detox, What was I thinking. Im going to be doing some research about my behavier and life experiences that keep me a prisioner. My whole life is pretty much a loss. Sure I did things, had jobs, had boyfriends, had hobbies etc.. But nothing compared to what I could have done if I had not been drinking everyday since I was at least 18 now Ill be 47 in Oct. Not much to show. Im not about blame but I do need to do some self research so I can get on with what is the rest of my life the way it should be.
Welcome, we are alike! I too will be 47 in Ocotober and I too drank rum. (no bike riding though!)For me, its been a cycle, I quit drinking, and then a few weeks later I get myself a halfpint of rum, and I usually handle it just fine. So the next day it's a half pint plus two shooters, and then a trip back to the store for another half pint. If I space them apart enough, I get only slightly drunk. However, the next day I'll have them real close together and go into a blackout, and put myself and everyone around me through h***. UGH. I am on day 7. I nearly caved and last night. But thank goodness I am on Antabuse. It stopped me.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Talking seems like we drink the same

sure, if you space them apart then you most likely wont black out. Ill go on episodes when I have had too much too soon and when my boyfriend comes home from work he knows it. Im a mean drunk, we fight and yell I dont remember anything I say, this is only on blackout but I never know when they come. Ive lost soooo many possesions on a blackout, including three bikes. Im soooo tired of this, what does rum do for me? it's not my friend, although I dont have any, maybe I think it is my only friend. Hope I can make some real ones here.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Ventura - I like the way you put that - rum isn't your friend. I clung to alcohol for fun and comfort - and it brought me neither one in the end. It sure did turn on me! I had to see it as poison, then I was able to let go.

Very glad you are here with us - we care about you and want to help. Keep talking to us. You can do this.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. Don't give up. The first few weeks can be rough but it does get better.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! Do you have a plan for recovery? After so many years of drinking it's going to be very hard to just stop by yourself.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome Ventura!

I hope you get to a point where you don't see your life as a loss. You have each and every day to do things differently and to make a positive impact in your world.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congratulations on getting to day 3 !
I'm on day 2 after a relapse and the only thing I am struggling with is a headache (and sore kidneys). Drinking plenty of tea/coffee/squash etc, but I guess it's going to take another day or so until my brain forgives me. Hang in there pal, we are all in it together