Notices

Trying to get sober and start suboxone tomorrow

Old 09-22-2011, 12:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Trying to get sober and start suboxone tomorrow

Hi,
I am a 25 year old male currently hooked on oxycodone usually taking 90-180mg a day. I usually take about 60-75mg at once just to "feel it". I recently scheduled an appointment at a clinic to get on suboxone and also confessed my addiction to my mother when she visited last weekend (I am a univesity student). Besides that I keep pretty quiet about my little habit to just about everyone else. I am scheduled for 3:30pm tommorow to go to the clinic so I am not sure when I should take my last dose of my oxy. Aside from that I just want to be free of this drug and get on with my life. I am sick of everything revolving around a little blue pill and when I am going to take it next and when I am going to run out and where I am going to get more. What should I expect as I have used literally every single day since July 13th. And really have been on this run since March.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't know anything about drug addiction (I'm an alcohol girl), but there is a subforum here for narcotics.

I would say that if you're questioning when to take your last dose, BUT you are ready to quit, why wouldn't you just make your last dose the last dose? Whatever you used last is it, and you can flush the rest down the toilet.

As for what to expect, that's all in the drug addiction sub section. Totally can't help you with that, but I do wish you luck!
Old 09-22-2011, 07:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'd ring the clinic you're attending tomorrow and ask them - professional advice is always best

We do have a suboxone forum here too you may want to check out as well to read and post to other subs users:

Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Welcome to SR

D
Old 09-22-2011, 09:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you guys. This is really tough to do for me because oxy seriously became my best friend for the last 6 months.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi dmk, I'm a drinker also so don't have any personal experience w/suboxone. However, my friend used it to help her and she's got over 30 days clean.

I'm impressed that you're getting out so young - - good on ya! =)
Old 09-23-2011, 02:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi man great you are going to the clinic to sort this out. I would try not to get too worked up about the whole thing and just let it happen, try not to put every mood and symtom down to withdrawal etc. I'm 29 and currently on day 4 of coming off codeine and would take around 600 mg daily or almost daily since around july 20th or so, plus some trainquilizers and having to come off Xanax with Chlordiazepoxide after a ten day Xanax binge. All this began when I quit drinking. My main issue is just being exhausted all the time and having to dicipline myself not to get more codeine or other drugs. Anyway hope it goes smoothly for you
Old 09-23-2011, 05:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi guys. I have some bad news. I went to the clinic and assessed and everything and got prescribed the suboxone film but I was honest and told them I had last used at 3AM this morning so they observed me and I was only in moderate withdrawal. 12 on the COWS with mainly the pupil dilation and some restlessness and apparently the doctor observed me yawning alot which I had no clue was a symptom of withdrawal. Anyhow given that I did not have to take it there I went and got the suboxone filled and paid my $20 copay for it. Then on the way home my mind started to think and I realized I still had some oxys and opana ers so I said to myself, I will use this up and then start the subs as prescribed. And thats what happened unfortunatly and downed 75mg of roxys (2 and 1/2 tabs) I should have listened to my mother and just flushed the **** but I am in love with the ****. I want to be free of the junk but it just always has that little hook that reels me back in.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

well what's done is done, dmk.
I'd make sure you have nothing else left.

D
Old 09-23-2011, 05:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I want to but at the same time I can't. Its so stressful
Old 09-23-2011, 08:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
~sb

You are changing your neuron patterns every time you use. I wish you well on your journey!
Old 09-23-2011, 08:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think everyone here has faced tossing their stash away or dumping the last bottle down the sink.

You can do it - you already know what using brings you, man.

It's time to try something different

I've never regretted changing my life

D
Old 09-23-2011, 09:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Its like now that I think about it after going to the clinic I don't really want to get stuck on suboxone for what they are telling me is a light oxy addiction. I use 120-180mg a day of oxycodone. Need at least 75mg to feel any sort of buzz. Maybe cold turkey would be better than the suboxone?
Old 09-23-2011, 09:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know nothing about oxys or subs, but in any case we can't answer those kind of medical questions here, dmk.

Whatever you do, do something.

Don't let your mind downplay what you've been doing - 'light addiction' is a clinical term I'd imagine.

It doesn't translate into the situation you found yourself in or the misery that you were feeling.

Something bought you here and something bought you to the clinic. Don't ignore that - follow through with some kind of action

D