Notices

Day 5

Old 09-22-2011, 11:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5

It's been a while since I've been sober 5 days in a row. I feel ashamed even saying that out loud but it's true. It feels...awesome! I am so determined to quit this time.

We have a lot of things going on in our life that need to be dealt with sober. My husband decided to take the big leap and start his own business in construction training. He was sought after by an investor who promised him things would be great together. We did not find out until much later that his investor is bipolar. What a roller coaster ride of emotions dealing with this man. Needless to say we both did not deal with him well. He has taken so much credit for a lot things...it's like he invented my husband. My husband can be successful on his own and he knows this. Only he is a loyal person. I want people to not only recognize this quality of my husband but appreciate it.

Boy am I on a roll. Just have to get this stuff off my chest.

My husband and his partner did okay the first year in business...$2.4 million. This year (2nd year)...not so great. We are operating on the bare minimum. Why is it when people think you own your own business they assume your rich?

We had one woman who took us for $10,000 for almost nothing. She has value and thinks her worth is definitely worth tolerating. Not so sure about that at times. She ran up a car rental bill when we didn't know she kept the car for almost a year. We worked out an agreement so she could lease a car and she hasn't made one payment in four months. We have given her everything she needs to be successful only to find out she is taking work away from us on the side. She has no conscious when it comes to using people. She can't look past her own woes or even care about other people unless it benefits her. Money brings out the worst in people. I don't want to lash out at her. She can't help herself. Another reason to stay sober.

We have been living away from our family for 3 years now. We have his and hers children and none together. All of our family is in Montana and moving home is bittersweet. We want to be there but people back there seem to be very jealous of us and try to come between us. Another reason to stay sober.

So I'm glad I am sober because it seems the weight of the world is upon us. I need to deal with things healthy. It is too easy to lash out at people when your under the influence of alcohol. Then...you WISH you could take it all back and apologize. I don't want ruin friendships or hurt anyone because of my addiction. That isn't me. Day 5 isn't so bad either...considering.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome, 5 days is awesome. we all have to start at the beginning and move onward and upward from there. There are infinate reasons for sobriety, I can't think of one good one for drinking.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

welcome firstbuckles You can do it!
Old 09-22-2011, 12:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

welcome. You will see things will get easier.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I sure hope so. My neighbor's German Shepherd got loose and he attacked me in my own yard...ugh. I have never ever been attacked by a dog before...let alone in my own yard. I was focused on getting in a couple of miles before dinner and this happens. Then to make matters worse my husband is out of town on business and all of my buddies are out of town on business. I tell ya I really wanted a drink...not gonna lie. I also found out I have to move within a month to God knows where. I am trying to stay upbeat...believe me. I hope things get better.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Congratulations on your 5 days, first of all! It keeps getting better, so hang in there!

You have a lot going on right now, so just try not to let yourself get overwhelmed. Things will work out, one day at a time. Something that has helped me greatly when life seems difficult is to stop and think of the positives in my life, even if it's just appreciating that I have a roof over my head today and pleasant weather. I'm finding that a lot of my angst comes from the way I think about things.

Everything still seemed really strange for me at day 5, so I think you're doing great!:day6
Old 09-23-2011, 11:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

AA helps me.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for all the ups and down FB - but 5 days is awesome.
Keep it up

D