Notices

Feeling Like A Failure

Old 09-22-2011, 09:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great first step Fallingwater!! Admitting you are powerless and asking for help is HUGE! Congrats!!

~Pandie~
Old 09-22-2011, 05:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Keep On Keeping On

Red face

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
(((FallingWater))) - I'll be 50 in a few days and am living at home, as I didn't hit bottom until 4-1/2 years ago, so don't feel bad. I don't plan on being here forever, but gotta do what I gotta do (am back in school), to get where I want to be.

Lots of hugs and prayers,

Amy
Thanks Amy...that means a lot. And love the kitties, my cat Bo is all freaked out because I moved him twice in two weeks so he's going through the same stressfulness that I am. But good to hear you are back in school and doing better. I'm thinking that is what I should do.

Old 09-22-2011, 05:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
~sb

Honesty and asking for help is a difficult thing and something to be praised, in my opinion!

Congratulations on making a healthy decision. I wish you a beautiful sober journey!
Old 09-22-2011, 06:06 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

(((FW))) - If Bo is like my cats, he'll calm down once he realizes he's still with you. I used to be a travel nurse and moved a lot..once my cats realized I was still there and I got out "our" comforter, they calmed down.

It took me a while to decide to go back to school...lost my nursing career to my addiction and in another area of healthcare. Will still have to deal with the consequences of all that, but recovery has helped me to find out I'm stronger than what I thought I was.

I would NOT be where I am, feeling pretty good about myself and dedicated to recovery, if it weren't for the great people here and some f2f support. My family was disappointed, angry, hurt, you name it. Now? They're very supportive.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-23-2011, 10:25 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Like many of the others have mentioned and I concur there is no shame in moving home to get the support you need to get healthy. It's a lot easier to make progress to the next steps in your life this way. I lived in a van at one point of my life, made the best of it and now look back and laugh over the whole thing. Thoughts are with you.