Notices

another myth busted...

Old 09-20-2011, 05:49 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Member of SMART Recovery

Okay, enjoy yourself, Dee. It's your forum.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:17 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

OK...as much as I like the sound of Boss Dee LOL...it's not my forum.
Like I said...I just work here

I've explained why I posted the thread. I really can't do any more than that.

If I was a little too flippant and I offended you? my apologies.

If you or anyone else disagrees with me? Fine.

If you want to continue to expend your energy on a thread you find irrelevant, go ahead - it really is your dime...

peace y'all

D
Old 09-21-2011, 05:33 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Terminally unique wrote:
Wrong. In the USA:

Binge drinkers are 23 percent of the population, but drink 76 percent of the alcohol.

Frequent binge drinkers are only 7 percent of the population, but drink 45 percent of the alcohol.

Without heavy drinkers, the alcohol beverage industry would collapse. It cannot survive in its current form with only moderate drinkers as consumers. "Drink Responsibly" is a ruse, and moderate drinkers are not their target market.

See US DOJ: Drinking in America
Hmm: well, that is interesting. I guess I wasn't as informed as I thought. I think it is a very serious problem. We have prohibition as an example of what happened when alcohol was removed from the shelves. People just made their own liquor or they supported the bootleg industry: people drank anyway.

Where I live there is a state monopoly and the sale of liquor is restricted in the evenings: the liquor stores close at 7PM, Saturday liquor sales end at 3PM..Sunday closed. The stores are also spaced out so that you won't find one on every street corner. But, it doesn't seem to have affected the alcohol problem. I think it is problematic that the state is trying to limit consumption while on the other hand selling liquor.

Thanks for that link -
Old 09-21-2011, 06:21 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

"Drink Responsibly" is a ruse, and moderate drinkers are not their target market.
No ****! They couldn't care less what happens to you as long as they get paid. It always has pissed me off the way tobacco companies have been treated but alcohol is still viewed as the best thing since sliced bread.