Notices

Crossroads

Old 09-18-2011, 08:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Crossroads

Hi everyone. I am currently struggling with my decision to stay quit from drugs and alcohol. I stopped drinking on the 8th of July but ever since, with the exception of the last 55 hours, I have been on some sort of drug either daily or almost daily. Currently I am coming off codeine and struggle to see how I can live with myself and enjoy life. Prior to this I was taking librium and was on a 10 day Xanax binge, although they were prescribed I got hooked on the Xanax right away and strangely didn't care. I cant get to grips with the way I look or feel good about my appearance. I am reaching the stage where I feel there is actually no solution, and have looked at ways to blot it all out with drugs. I have also come close to drinking a couple of times, when it looks apparent that I cant get any pills. I am trying to get through just one week without anything, hoping things will change. The other part of me just wants to get f-*-c-k-e-d up. I have hopefully a new part time job starting in a few days but have lost sight of any career ambitions. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Last edited by Dee74; 09-18-2011 at 08:59 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

I wouldn't trade my worst day sober for my best day messed up.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi, David. I don't have much experience with prescription drugs, but I can sure relate to this:

Currently I am coming off codeine and struggle to see how I can live with myself and enjoy life.
I couldn't imagine life without booze. I envisioned a vast, boring emptiness. Well it turns out that was total BS. It was illusion created by my alcoholic mind to keep me trapped in active addiction. It wasn't easy at first, but I took a leap of faith, and I am so glad I stuck with it. I still have crappy days, but nothing like before. And I have a sense of freedom, self-respect, and hope that I had lost while drinking. It took me a couple months to start really feeling the benefits, but was so worth the effort. Hang in there—you'll be glad you did.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I couldn't imagine life without booze and drugs either - but the people here encouraged me, they kept me going, kept me company, and more than anything they showed me it was possible.

It's not a pleasurable experience- it was in many ways an ordeal - but I've never regretted going forward - I have a brand new life now...I'm free.

I know you want that too - stick with it David - you're not alone here

D
Old 09-18-2011, 09:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

I still have crappy days too, but NOW, I don't multiply them by adding hangovers.

some things WILL change just by being clean, but the most profound changes occur when we admit that our best thinking got us into some of our worst situations, and now we are truly going for something different. We have to apply the new choices daily and repeatedly to see a result.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome David...it can be done.