Notices

hi please read

Old 09-18-2011, 12:35 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

thanks all for your concern. i have some thinking to do and decisions to make.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:52 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Sam,

Take it from me....it does not get easier. It get harder and harder - alcoholism is progressive. Please stop as soon as you can, and keep posting.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:15 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Glad your found the forum, Sam. The sooner you decide to stop drinking, the sooner you will feel better and your life will improve. The part of you that wants to keep drinking is your addiction and please believe me when I tell you that although it might sound like a friend, this voice of addiction will not stop until it kills you. Despite your best intentions, despite your determination to quit, your addiction wants you dead. It's very, very powerful and defies all commonsense and logic.

Whether you decide to quit or not, please keep coming here and checking in for support and to read the threads. Don't give up on yourself and even though it might seem impossible, try and stay open to the possibility of speaking to a health professional, maybe a drug and alcohol info line counsellor? You won't have to give your details to get advice over the phone. This disease feeds on our shame and embarassment around our drinking and uses it to help make sure we DON'T seek help.