Notices

I want my life back.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I want my life back.

Today is day one of my recovery from the evils of heroin. Im only 21 years young and this devil has grasped me at the innocent age of 18. three years of on and off hell. I finally started suboxone treatment today because i cannot quit on my own, ive actually done a few months here and there of sobriety in those three years, but always relapsed, and if i relapse even just once, i spiral downhill into the depths of hell. Today is day one, I want to quit, I want to have a normal life, I am looking longterm, hopefully i will only take the suboxone for six months and slowly or so and slowly taper off until I am 100% free of any substances in my body, that is my goal. I used to love lifting weights and sports, now i am skinny twig that doesnt eat, ive lied and cheated my family, im close to being disowned, this is the last chance, and this is it. I have a good job and am going to college (dont know how its possible i didnt lose these things yet) and i dont want to lose them, and im very close to. Its now or never. I just found out about a kid down my block who was in the same situation like me and he persevered. he also used heroin from 18 to about 21, went on suboxone and taperd off after a few months, and now the man is 27 and successful, six years clean, finished law school, and has a beautiful girlfriend. So it is possible, this has given me so much motivation. Ive spoken with him, he did even more heroin than me, so its possible, and i WILL do it, i WILL be successful, im walking on the bottom, but i know i have so much potential. today is only the first day, but i am already so confident, ill let you know guys how it goes. thanks for reading.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome and Congratulations on your decision to get clean and sober! I'm fairly new here but there are lots of people with so much wisdom and the support here is amazing. Keep reading and posting! You don't have to do this alone!
Old 09-17-2011, 06:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
dk...you can do this! I am sending you positive thoughts....
Old 09-17-2011, 06:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good morning! I'm so glad to hear you have started your journey on the road to recovery! It sounds like you have a wonderful motivation to quit. I'm going to agree with Eliasson and say that you should definitely take advantage of SR. Keep reading and keep posting so we know how you are doing. The people on here really do care!

Have a wonderful day :ghug3
Old 09-17-2011, 11:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome, you'll find lots of support here
Old 09-17-2011, 12:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome! Prayers sent to you!
Old 09-17-2011, 01:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome....Go latch on to the kid down the block and beg for help. He just might be a member of Na or some other recovery group. Tell him you want what he has -- sobriety at all costs -- and perhaps he will share.

Bless you and good luck riding this hell train. As my AA sponsor says, if I can stay sober, anyone can. She has 39 years of sobriety.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thoughts of peace coming your way. Take your life back.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone. I love you all very much for your nice comments. Day 1 is a success. Staying in and watching movies tonight, feeling like crap.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You can do this. You r young , you have the whole life before u. Dont hang out with any of your drug buddies. Join a church which has a busy calendar which will make u occupied , let the church be a protestant church as they preach against drug and alcohol which will help on ur conviction!
Old 09-17-2011, 04:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome dkonopka90

I believe you can do it too - you'll find a lot of support here

D
Old 09-18-2011, 08:03 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks. Today Sunday, is Day 2, going to clean my room, do some home work, hit the gym after not going for like half a year (well see how that goes), and other than that just sit home and watch movies, i subscribed to netflix. If i want to update maybe not daily but have like a blog thread with my progress, can it be this thread or is there a specific section to create a progress sobriety thread for yourself? thnx in advance.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!! There is a lot of wonderful support here. Congrats on making the decision to take back your life!!