Notices

Made it Through Day Two

Old 09-15-2011, 05:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Made it Through Day Two

For those of you struggling, I can definitely appreciate your feelings. With a ton of support from everyone on here, I made it through day two and I feel so much better today. Please try to think of how you feel when you haven't drank for a while if you are struggling. I got a lot of great advice about leaving where your trigger is, getting lost in a good book, cleaning, drinking tea. I did a lot of these last night and added music into my distraction by using my Ipod to force me to be engaged with it. Find what works for you but I am here to share that my second day in, I am feeling much better. Thank you all so much for the support and prayers. Here's hoping I stay the course and continue to find strength within me. Hugs to all!
Old 09-15-2011, 05:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's absolutely good advice that was given to you, and that you're passing on. Music is so helpful for me, and I think exploring yourself and finding out how to deal with things that trigger you is a big step in recovery.

Enjoy Day 3!
Old 09-15-2011, 05:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi! I'm new here too, and yesterday was my second day!

I have plenty of triggers that I fight off - boredom, social situations where I'm not 100% confortable, and even watching people on tv drink. If I keep busy, avoid people for a little bit, and exercise pure willpower when watching other people on tv/change the channel, then I should be okay...i think.

But last night I literally had a conversation with myself about going to get something. I felt so ridiculous, but you gotta do what you gotta do!
Old 09-15-2011, 06:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

I'm so glad you're doing it! day by day. And figuring out those ways to relax and move through the emotions (cleaning, music, tea). Those will stand to you!
Old 09-15-2011, 07:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Such a great post to see - well done.

Here's to day 3 xxx