Notices

Need a Sponsor

Old 09-13-2011, 11:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am fairly early into this but I was told to listen in the rooms and ask myself "do I want what they have?". It's also ok to ask someone to be your temporary sponsor. That way you have a sponsor to work with while you decide on a permanent sponsor. For me, my temporary sponsor became my permanent sponsor! Welcome! Keep reading and posting it has helped me so much!
Old 09-14-2011, 01:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by CaiHong View Post
.... her baby is due very very soon, she is very busy and I am reluctant to call her but I need to do my 4th step.

Is is posssible to do a 4th step online with someone, perhaps on Skpe?

Caihong
I don't have any experience really taking someone through a thurough 4th/5th step online. I'm sure some of the more experienced AA folks here have had this experience though and hopefully they'll chime in.

What we do in MY line of sponsorship is this: reach out to your sponsor. IF they're not available and you're having an "issue" that needs attention.....go up the line - call his/her sponsor and if they're not available, call your grandsponsor's sponsor.

If your sponsor isn't available or doesn't have the time......that's a conversation you MUST have with her. It's gonna feel yucky.....I know. I'm really bad about any sort of "confrontation," REALLY bad. That said though, lemme promise you.......you need to have that talk with her. If she's not going to have the time (understandably, given her situation), then I'd be doing the work with her sponsor.....but plan on going over it again with your "regular" sponsor when she has the time and energy.

I've found it downright dangerous (to me) to just tell bits and pieces of my story to different ppl - nobody really knowing the whole picture.