Notices

Alternative drinks

Old 04-26-2018, 04:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Rar

Diet ginger beer and sparkling water are my favorites. Hard to find ginger beer around here, though. .
Old 04-26-2018, 10:38 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

If i'm out or hosting a party I do cran/soda(did this a lot when I 1st quit to give the illusion of drinking with clients)..diet mtn dew is my 'coffee'(hate coffee) in the morning..water w/lemon is also a go to for me..
Old 04-27-2018, 12:23 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I drink tea mainly. If i'm out I'll drink fizzy water or Diet Pepsi.
Old 04-27-2018, 02:44 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

A long time ago when I went booze free for 2 years I drank the hell out of cranberry and tonic with a slice of lime.

Of late I've been brewing my own Green Tea and infusing it with rasperries & mint. It's amazing.

B
Old 04-27-2018, 10:48 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Squeeze an entire lime into a glass of ice.
Add 1/4 C of cranberry juice.
Fill the rest of the glass with lime seltzer water.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:19 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

non alcoholic champagne tastes like the one with alcohol and you can flavor it nicely.

Also I found here some great suggesitions for coktails, this Link:

Marvelous Mocktails: Zero-Proof Libations To Love
Old 04-27-2018, 06:58 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I think we're all different when it comes to why, how, or when we drank and the triggers that individually affect us. For me, I associated certain drinks with certain situations. I still do, to be honest. One of the adjustments I have tried to make is to try and re-associate a non alcoholic drink with those situations. I try to make 'special' drinks when I drink anything at any time. I splurge on homemade coffee creamer for lattes in the morning. I dress up sparkling water with juices and garnishes, etc. Makes it feel like I'm rewarding myself for not hitting the booze. Gotta have something to look forward to during the day instead of dwelling on what I can't have!
Old 04-29-2018, 09:24 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Cranberry juice with tonic and Kevita sparkling probiotic drink ginger and lemon. Its USDA organic and only 40 calories per serving. I live in the middle of nowhere but a local supermarket miraculously carries it. But if I go out it's sparkling water with lemon or lime.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:46 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Water and lots of it!

Somebody mentioned Kevita, which is a great choice and is one of my favorites. Especially the one with only 1g of sugar.
I'd say if you have a taste for it any low sugar kombucha is great. It's refreshing and I often make it look like a "drink" with ice and wedge of lime.
This works really well, when I am at party where I don't feel like explaining my sober lifestyle.
(Sometimes I do the same with club soda and a splash of cranberry)