SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Alternative drinks (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/236350-alternative-drinks.html)

Rar 04-26-2018 04:21 PM

Diet ginger beer and sparkling water are my favorites. Hard to find ginger beer around here, though. :( .

DontRemember 04-26-2018 10:38 PM

If i'm out or hosting a party I do cran/soda(did this a lot when I 1st quit to give the illusion of drinking with clients)..diet mtn dew is my 'coffee'(hate coffee) in the morning..water w/lemon is also a go to for me..

b0glerd69 04-27-2018 12:23 AM

I drink tea mainly. If i'm out I'll drink fizzy water or Diet Pepsi.

Buckley3 04-27-2018 02:44 AM

A long time ago when I went booze free for 2 years I drank the hell out of cranberry and tonic with a slice of lime.

Of late I've been brewing my own Green Tea and infusing it with rasperries & mint. It's amazing.

B

CreativeThinker 04-27-2018 10:48 AM

Squeeze an entire lime into a glass of ice.
Add 1/4 C of cranberry juice.
Fill the rest of the glass with lime seltzer water.

ThomPom 04-27-2018 11:19 AM

non alcoholic champagne tastes like the one with alcohol and you can flavor it nicely.

Also I found here some great suggesitions for coktails, this Link:

Marvelous Mocktails: Zero-Proof Libations To Love

Hope4serenity 04-27-2018 06:58 PM

I think we're all different when it comes to why, how, or when we drank and the triggers that individually affect us. For me, I associated certain drinks with certain situations. I still do, to be honest. One of the adjustments I have tried to make is to try and re-associate a non alcoholic drink with those situations. I try to make 'special' drinks when I drink anything at any time. I splurge on homemade coffee creamer for lattes in the morning. I dress up sparkling water with juices and garnishes, etc. Makes it feel like I'm rewarding myself for not hitting the booze. Gotta have something to look forward to during the day instead of dwelling on what I can't have!

icewater1961 04-29-2018 09:24 AM

Cranberry juice with tonic and Kevita sparkling probiotic drink ginger and lemon. Its USDA organic and only 40 calories per serving. I live in the middle of nowhere but a local supermarket miraculously carries it. But if I go out it's sparkling water with lemon or lime.

serious 04-29-2018 12:46 PM

Water and lots of it!

Somebody mentioned Kevita, which is a great choice and is one of my favorites. Especially the one with only 1g of sugar.
I'd say if you have a taste for it any low sugar kombucha is great. It's refreshing and I often make it look like a "drink" with ice and wedge of lime.
This works really well, when I am at party where I don't feel like explaining my sober lifestyle.
(Sometimes I do the same with club soda and a splash of cranberry)