Notices

Good morning

Old 09-12-2011, 05:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Alva...the single worst part of drinking is the not being able to remember...pure disgust on my part. Why? Because that has happened over and over and over again. I wont control how much I drink...that is a fact. Oh, at times I did...but more times than not I had blackouts. I lost a fiance over alot of things, one of them being not controlling myself at parties. I could see the disgust in his face. SIGH...but I accept the truth now...because I have to meet my demons halfway...
Old 09-12-2011, 08:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Welcome to SR!
Old 09-13-2011, 04:47 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Coco210 View Post
Alva...the single worst part of drinking is the not being able to remember...pure disgust on my part. Why? Because that has happened over and over and over again. I wont control how much I drink...that is a fact. Oh, at times I did...but more times than not I had blackouts. I lost a fiance over alot of things, one of them being not controlling myself at parties. I could see the disgust in his face. SIGH...but I accept the truth now...because I have to meet my demons halfway...
Thanks Coco210,

Like many peoples experiences on here yours also rings true to my heart. Normally in the past I have been "talked to" and pressured to quit drinking which I tried to do albeit with little effort. For the first time I have decided to take control of my life which I hope is the difference.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:58 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hi Alva - welcome to the forum!
I don't think I could have stayed sober for someone else, either. I had to start caring about my life, something that's hard to do while our addiction is in control.

I wasn't sure I could do it, but the further I got from the last drink, the better I started to feel about myself. Hang in there - it gets better!