SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Peace (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/236341-peace.html)

ajangel 09-12-2011 06:24 AM

Peace

For the first time in years, this weekend I felt a wonderful peace about my life. Despite all the term-oil around me, I am not letting it drag me down in despair. I truly want the peace I felt yesterday and last night. I know that alcohol will never allow that. I have but one life to live and I want to make it count. I am thankful today for my sobriety. I am thankful that I have love around me. Today is "officially" my two months. Instead of getting my 2 month chip, my brother asked me to go to the doctor with him today. He wanted a clear sober person with medical knowledge to ask questions. It made me happy when he said "clear and sober". I was so proud. I felt like I wanted to wear my sobriety like a badge of courage. I am happy I can be there for him sober. This weekend has been filled with a lot of epiphany's. I know it is not always going to be easy, but life never is. I like a good challenge. Thanks for reading. Peace and blessings to all today

lovingit 09-12-2011 06:34 AM

Congratulations on 2 months lpangel!

Once in awhile I get those moments of peace. They are brief, but I assume that is how the future feels.

sugarbear1 09-12-2011 07:05 AM

Congrats on 2 months lpnangel!!!

I pray you continue to have serenity in your daily sober journey!

LoftyIdeals 09-12-2011 07:23 AM

LPN. Congratulations on your two month mark, and on the wonderful way you are being blessed to spend it today. You and your family are in my prayers!

Anna 09-12-2011 07:30 AM

It's great that your brother is counting on you today!

Opivotal 09-12-2011 07:42 AM

Congratulations! 2 months is fantastic and it's wonderful you can help your brother out. I'm so happy for you Ipnangel!

:c011:

Best Wishes To You!

coop1 09-12-2011 08:06 AM

Congrats on 2 months lpangel...I pray I can find that peace and serenity everyday.

Hevyn 09-12-2011 12:05 PM

That's wonderful to hear. It's amazing how we drink to make ourselves feel happier & more relaxed, but we get just the opposite. Now you're finding real peace & tranquility - & it'll keep getting better. Two months is fantastic!

Bikeguy 09-12-2011 12:47 PM

Awesome work on the 2 months! Way to go!

Boleo 09-12-2011 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by lpnangel (Post 3101942)
... my brother asked me to go to the doctor with him today. He wanted a clear sober person with medical knowledge to ask questions. It made me happy when he said "clear and sober". I was so proud. I felt like I wanted to wear my sobriety like a badge of courage. I am happy I can be there for him sober.

We not only help others so we can stay sober. We sometimes help others because we are sober.

Dee74 09-12-2011 04:17 PM

Way to go lpnangel! :scoregood

D

CaiHong 09-12-2011 04:19 PM

Good job on the 2 months sober
All the best
CaiHong

ReadyAndAble 09-12-2011 07:33 PM

Congrats, lpn. Your journey has been really inspirational to see—thanks for sharing it. :)

recoverywfaith 09-12-2011 07:50 PM

And may you continue to have peace...thank you for sharing!

eJoshua 09-12-2011 08:20 PM

Congratulations! That's awesome that you have reached two months and I'm so happy to hear that you are feeling such peace about it.

Itchy 09-12-2011 08:51 PM

LPN all I can say is thank you for the renewal of pride your words have brought me.

It IS a proud moment when we can be there for others we care about. Congrats on your 2 months!