Notices

Scared

Old 09-09-2011, 04:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Scared

I will have one month sober on Sunday. All the people in my house right now are drinking. They are my best friends. I want and need to stay sober but I'm having a panic attack right now. I pls need advice on how to handle things like this and encouragement. I want a glass of wine so badly. Please help.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

if your in tx, isn't it about 530? it might be hot outside, but how about a walk, if that's possible where you live. a good 30 minute walk to get your head straight might help. if you have a dog, that's even better.
you almost have a month under your belt. what i wouldn't do to have that feeling of accomplishment. i'm hoping for day 3 tomorrow. you'll make the right decision for you. the night will be over soon, everyone will go home, and go to bed. you'll wake early in the morning and have more resolve than before. wishing you peace tonight.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You did the right thing by coming here..yes, get out of the house if you can. There's no reason you need to be there..make up an excuse to leave if you have to. If you can't, then take some time away and remind yourself of where drinking will lead you. It won't make anything better and you'll be so disappointed in yourself and feel horrible physically. There's no reason to take that drink..it won't make tonight better, only worse. You've come so far. Be good to yourself and remember how proud you will feel when tonight is over and you didn't cave. You can do this. ((Hugs))
Old 09-09-2011, 04:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Take a dozen or so deep breaths and try to just focus on your breathing. Panic attacks are scary, but they do pass.

You don't need a lot of people drinking in your house. Can they take the party elsewhere?

Take it one minute at a time and decide on a plan of action..... We're here for you.:ghug3
Old 09-09-2011, 05:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

We're all behind you Eliasson
You can do this...

Welcome to SR
D
Old 09-09-2011, 05:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Newcomer

I've been sober/clean for 51 days and all that I can say for now is this: put yourself first and focus on YOUR RECOVERY!! Get some space, if possible and do some reading.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you so much to everyone. They have taken the party elsewhere and I made an excuse not to go. All of your suggestions were so helpful and strengthened my resolve not to take that drink. I want this so badly. So happy I found this site. Thank you!
Old 09-09-2011, 05:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to you too DryBlanket

glad you feel better Eliasson

D
Old 09-09-2011, 05:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Glad you found us, too, Eliasson! This site has been a lifesaver for me. Stick around - lots of support here!
Old 09-09-2011, 09:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
~sb

Try getting to a meeting...