Notices

36hours and I'm Sucking...lol

Old 08-27-2011, 11:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

36hours and I'm Sucking...lol

Well I have decided to kick the percs and oxi's and I am sucking right now.. I would say I was not a heavy user but a regular once non the less. Feeling like complete ****, my legs feel like they don't belong on me..lol I am sure there are a few of you out there that can relate to what I mean. I have a job where I cannot risk popping hot especially this close to the end of my contract.. But suffering the injury to my back at the hands of ..... led me to lose control of taking meds like perscribed and abusing them just to try to regulate the pain and before you know it scripts run out, so you find them on the street etc etc.. I am thankfull for the fact that I never came a heavy user (and I have met a few ) but I am trying to make it. From what I have read the first 24-48hrs are the hardest.. Keeping my fingers crossed..
Old 08-27-2011, 11:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Welcome to SR r1easy

Kicking dope is no walk in the park. Yet being free of the pill counting, trying to regulate the high, putting life on hold until the high kicks in...so not worth it.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi R1easy

I'm not familiar with Oxys and percs but I think it's a good idea not to hesitate to see a Dr if things start to really concern you.

You'll find a lot of support there tho - both here and in our substance abuse forum
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

welcome to SR

D
Old 08-27-2011, 11:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks for the input and the welcome, wish I could join a program but in my line of work you can't go outside for help and once you do look for it your labeled and flagged.. but with some luck and strong will I am hoping to make it..
Old 08-28-2011, 08:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

You need a doctor as kicking pills can be deadly.

good wishes to you
Old 08-28-2011, 10:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome r1easy - I hope the withdrawals aren't too bad for you and you can begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Good to have you with us.....:day6
Old 08-28-2011, 10:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job and excellent post! In your "line of work" they like to judge...it sucks bad and their approach to these (addiction) issues is "ricky and lucy" ie: 1950's style deny and judge. The trick is to be a master of your destiny, which they think they "own" a piece of. You have probably become a master of deception....take pride in your ability to master "micro moments" and seek to control the entire situation as you live clean. Shoot a bit farther and look to conquer the first 100 hours. After that you will own them...not even a polygraph will phase you. Hang tough!
Old 08-28-2011, 10:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
MIND OF DESTRUCTIVE TASTE

Welcome. Ohhhhh how I relate to what you are going thru. It's hard, real hard. I started out being a chronic pain patient and then began abusing my pills/patches just to get to the point of being somewhat comfortable. Such a joke and I should've known better. Anyways enough about me. How are you holding up? The worst physical part for me was the restless legs/arms and the inability to sleep because of it.

I am glad that you are here with us, you have made a wonderful choice to take control of your life and kick that crap to the curb. We are all here for you!!!!

-Jess
Old 08-28-2011, 11:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
like a thunder bacon punch!

I know the feeling. I wasn't a heavy Oxi user either but just enough of a regular user to have some nasty withdraws none the less. I can mostly remember feeling like I was beat up and just walking up a few steps was insanely hard to do. Couldn't hold anything down on my stomach and had the sh*ts for several days. Wasn't fun but it was well worth being free of those things. Hate to think what withdraws would of looked like if i were a heavy duty user of them.

Just hang in there, you're in for a rough ride but you'll feel better for it. If you can it wouldn't hurt to see your doctor either.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

thanks to all of you, your input does help believe me and I think I might have got about a total of like 2 hours of sleep..lol and those other symtoms... well lets just say hell ya.. and it sucks..lol I think a few of you caught on to what I meant when I was saying my line of work..( not law enforcement ) but still sensative non the less.. and yes they own a piece of me as so does the dam pills but hey passing the 48 hour mark!! and back to work tomorrow arghh!! just hope I can get enough sleep tonight.. Just want to say thanks again, one can never get too much support!!
Old 08-28-2011, 12:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

R1easy, I hope you are able to get some sleep tonight too!

Sending you hugs of support!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

ummmm 78hours getting better..lol didn't sleep a minute last night though but did manage to get a couple hours nap this afternoon.. think I should be able to sleep tonight
Old 08-29-2011, 09:27 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You must be exhausted. I hope you're also proud of yourself. One day you are going to look back and be so grateful you freed yourself of addiction. Great job!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:31 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Excellent! So glad you're turning the corner and starting to feel a little better.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:26 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I have to say, I am glad I found this place, all of you are very supportive and I thank all of you for that. I in turn hope I can return that support to someone shortly because doing it alone is just something nobody should have to do.. Thank you
Old 08-31-2011, 10:19 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

well coming into day 7!!!! and my body is starting to settle down, thank goodness..lol urges are still kinda lingering (probably will for while ) but fighting it, I will be honest.. I came close in the last 24 hours to "just taking one" but I did resist and I am proud that I did almost as much as I am greatfull I didn't.. I had time to think about something that FlashNDazzle had said in comment to my thread " You have probably become a master of deception...." and now that this crap is out of my system for the most part I can see now just how true that comment is, it really takes on a life of its own in retrospect. If that makes sense..
Old 09-03-2011, 11:19 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Day 8 and going strong!!!
Old 09-03-2011, 11:28 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
~sb

The meetings would be empty in DC if it were truly that stigmatising...just saying.

Glad you made it 8 days!
Old 09-03-2011, 02:53 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
The meetings would be empty in DC if it were truly that stigmatising...just saying.

huh??lol
Old 09-03-2011, 03:03 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on day 8 r1easy

D