Notices

Countdown to going to rehab

Old 09-08-2011, 08:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Countdown to going to rehab

I'm afraid I won't be able to post here when I'm in the rehab.
I called and asked what I should bring,and what I couldn't.
No cellphones;ahhhhh now i'll have internet withdrawals too.

Even though my phone has a keyboard,I would have gotten really aggravated with it;so it's a good thing..

Old 09-08-2011, 08:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Honestly, it's the best thing that you don't have phones/computers in rehab, it gives you the chance to focus 100% on you and your start to recovery

I wanted to share this with you - it helped me when I first got in to rehab, I hope it helps you too

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others
Old 09-08-2011, 08:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ttbp View Post
Honestly, it's the best thing that you don't have phones/computers in rehab, it gives you the chance to focus 100% on you and your start to recovery

I wanted to share this with you - it helped me when I first got in to rehab, I hope it helps you too

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others
Beautiful post.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Zorilla...what ttbp said. It's true.

ttbp...where did you find that quote. I'm trying to cut and paste it to a blank sheet for my bulletin board and on the fridge for my kids. Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-08-2011, 08:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hope it's ok to put a link on here

Our Deepest Fear is not that we are inadequate, by Marianne Williamson, Nelson Mandela incorrectly. A Return To Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles, Quotes - Inspirational, Motivational, Spiritual, Religious, Philosophical Quo

My therapist presented this to me when I first entered rehab, it had such impact at the time and still takes my breath away, every time I read it
Old 09-08-2011, 09:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I really like what ttbp shared.
trying to find something positive in everything has had a big impact on why i decided to go to a rehab.
"I want your therapist.."
I just wanted to let some members here that wondered if I would continue posting while I was in the rehab know that I won't be.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

Zorilla, your focus must be on recovery and the program they offer you. We'll be here praying for you and waiting for your return! Do well and try to focus!!!

Prayers, SB
Old 09-08-2011, 06:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

i think this rehab is very structured;you have to attend alot of group classes.you're kind of on a schedule from 8am until 5pm.
this is just what i need.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Hey zorilla -

I got out of a very structured rehab program like you're describing just four months ago or so. It was very hard for the first two weeks, but then it started to get easier. Honestly I loved getting away from the internet and all that. I missed Facebook at first, but by the time I got out I didn't miss it one bit, and actually went and deleted my Facebook account because i didn't really care for it any more.

The structure was really good for me, but really tough because you have to allow yourself to be bossed around. That was hard for me, because I'm so used to being in charge (no wife or kids so I always kinda do my own thing). The first week was the hardest because there was a blackout period where I couldn't talk to my friends or family on the phone. It started to get easier when I came out of my shell a little and was able to start making friendships there with the other students.

I think it was probably the hardest thing I've ever experienced, by far. It was so hard at times not to leave. Having said that, although I hope to never have to go through it again, if I ever start drinking again I will go straight back there and do another 30 days, because I know without it I would never have been sober for as long as I have been now.

Best of luck to you!
Old 09-11-2011, 02:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm glad that the time is getting closer

the sooner the better.