Notices

Horrible dreams

Old 09-08-2011, 04:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Horrible dreams

I had a dream last night I had relapsed and was trying to figure out a way to go get more booze. The shakes were bad. I was trying to hide it from my sister. I rode my bike up to the store and bought a pint. I could feel the tremors start to ease with that first warm drink. It was so vivid and real. I woke up feeling guilty and ashamed. I guess I am having alcohol dreams because I am nearing my 2 months and last time I drank on the 2 month mark. I am not just having alcohol dreams. I have been having terrible night mares and very wild debaucherous dreams for the last 2 weeks. I have no idea why. I could write a Steven King novel with these dreams.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry lpn angel - I know they can be a shock to the system.
Dreams were pretty common for me for a month or two though.

I felt I was doing all I could for my recovery, so I paid them no mind...they faded in time and I stayed sober

D
Old 09-08-2011, 04:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

LPN . . . I can relate to the dreams. I smoked for about 12 years and had dreams that I started smoking again for about 3 years after I quit. Same sort of dream . . . I pick up again, realize what a terrible things I am doing, feel regretful, etc. then wake up. I've I had one no-drinking dream since stopping 6 weeks ago. For me, I felt it was my subconscious keeping me on the straight and narrow. Better to get freaked out about picking up again in a dream and having it reinforced than doing it in real life (I think). I felt that for both the drinking and smoking it was a sign that I was committed to stopping.

I had a few other nightmares too! I wondered if it was because I was sleeping (and not passed out) that I remembered them.

Hang in there!