Notices

Getting close to day 7

Old 09-06-2011, 05:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
PBG

Getting close to day 7

Well, I'm getting close to that 7th day again, where I think to myself "how long has it been? 1 week? I should be able to enjoy a real beer". At least it's an improvement over "well, at least I didn't drink this morning". I've been through this cycle now for a month...make it to 1 week, then slip on day 7 by having 1, then ending at 5 beers in a day. But....this time I know that I am not even a once-a-week drinker. I can't just have a beer...I love the taste so & still have a taste for the evil stuff. Good news is the last couple of times I "thought I could" I woke up the next day with a massive headache, which was interesting since beer never gave me headaches before. I figure this is my body telling me enough already. Of course, it doesn't help having a housemate who encourages me to enjoy one. I'm about ready to pitch him out along with the stinking beer ...but that's a story for another forum...
Old 09-06-2011, 05:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
instant

Keep learning.

It took me a week to get over the acute withdrawal and two months before I was largely free of obsessional thinking about alcohol.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you with the 7th day. I'm in the same boat. Stay strong and everything will be okay.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

Oh we all know how that goes. It's been a week! I don't have a problem!

It's been a week and it was easy! I can just do this again no problem!

One last beer! Quitting was fun but drinking is even more fun! Besides... quitting was was easy and I can do it again!

It's just your brain craving the alcohol. That's all.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SSIL75 View Post
Oh we all know how that goes. It's been a week! I don't have a problem!

It's been a week and it was easy! I can just do this again no problem!

One last beer! Quitting was fun but drinking is even more fun! Besides... quitting was was easy and I can do it again!

It's just your brain craving the alcohol. That's all.
I agree. Then it progresses. It can then go to: I feel like garbage, I need a hair of the dog. Worse yet: I'm shaking so bad, I don't want to drink but I feel like I am going to die if I don't. And the sad thing is, you could die from withdraws. That is how bad it can get.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
PBG

Thanks Act10nPack. Being that the taste of beer seems to be what I miss, I'm very hopeful that I can give the evil brew up for good. Tomorrow will tell, I think. I did forego going to a party this weekend with my housemate because I knew that there would be plenty o' beer there, & I just didn't feel like fielding inquiries as to why I didn't want a beer. It certainly doesn't help when others make you feel like an oddball because you choose not to partake in the beer/alcohol "festivities". Beer seems to be a big thing around these parts for some reason...I'm pretty sure I didn't introduce the concept ;-)