Notices

How long does a black eye goes away?

Old 09-05-2011, 02:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How long does a black eye goes away?

I got the black eye 6.25 days ago. When the picture was taken. I just want to know because I don't know I will go to court yet and I hope it will be gone before then. I'm guessing in a month or so. It happen when I was drunk and fell off the bed. I'm done with alcohol if your read any of the threads in the last few days. Here is a picture of it.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Shape-Shifting Super-Hero

Ah, the black eye. I had a few of those while drinking, and never even knew why, was home by myself...well, that is one benefit of not drinking...I look less like I have been in a boxing match!

Back to the question, I found they took about 2 weeks to go away. Putting ice on it early on is said to help, but aside from that, it seems like it mainly just takes time. Drink lots of water and rest up, there, but it should be gone in quite a bit less than a month.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I winced when I saw this. I have been there.

Not sure if you are opposed to applying a concealer to your eye area?

I can't remember how long it took for it to go away, I just remember that it changed colors.

Take care of yourself and great job on your 6 days!
Old 09-05-2011, 02:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've been through this. I was married to a physically abusive person. I do know that the purple eventually turns yellow, and other colors, but the area does get larger. I looked it up once on the internet, how to get rid of it faster, first of all it depends on if you are an easy bruiser, a quick healer, or not a quick healer. I was an easy bruiser, and not too quick of a healer. I read that you apply ice the first 2 to 3 days, then after that, you apply heat, (not really hot heat), I don't know if it worked, or just gave me something to do. It took me about 3 weeks, where I could wear glasses and it would not be noticeable at all. Probably took me over a month, for all of it to clear up.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

it gets larger because of the blood spreading under the skin....try to lay down earlier to ease the pressure. I was in an accident that involved surgery (my nose splatted onto my face like a potato)....and the plastic surgeon that did surgery made it worse in how it looked after he rebuilt my nose....do not take aspirin, use tylenol....don't drink.

there is no proven cure, but i did get some relief with the "blue emu" cream...it is odorless and soothes....you can get it in any drugstore.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Shape-Shifting Super-Hero

Oh, yes, make-up! There is always that. I called a girl I know, and she helped make it look more normal, though this only worked towards the final phases.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

yes, i think mine lasted 2 1/2 very long weeks, make up did not help mine I was so embarrassed i hated myself once again.......for the zillionth time!
Old 09-08-2011, 05:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

there are creams which contain "arnica" plant, which greatly help with speeding up healing of bruising.

obviously i would be very careful, because your bruise is in a very sensitive spot. when i used to wrestle i would bruise so much i'd look like a leopard... this stuff really helped me to get rid of even serious bruises much faster.