Notices

I'm an ALCOHOLIC and....

Old 09-04-2011, 08:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm an ALCOHOLIC and....

I'm glad!

I know that must sound so weird and twisted but after so much thought on my part I came to realize this today. I've been an active alcoholic for 5 years and at this point have 304 days of sobriety. I have never had anything challenge me like working for my sobriety has. This journey has made me take a step back and REALLY analyze myself, who I am, who I was and who I want to be. I've been able to see things in my life that needed to be changed and I work on them everyday. If this disease hadn't pushed me to such extreme situations I would have never had the desire or the determination to work on myself to make my life better. I no longer walk through life with blinders on.

I hope this makes sense (it does in my head, LOL). I don't always post a lot but I'm here reading all the time and send silent thanks to all that have helped me through other's posts.

J
Old 09-04-2011, 08:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi LIC

Personally I stop short of saying I'm glad I'm an alcoholic - but I *am* glad I'm where I am today, for all the good and bad that got me here...so I do get what you mean

D
Old 09-04-2011, 08:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Everyone has a different journey and different experiences. For me, I think it was the way my life played out...including the alcoholism...that got me to where I am now. Can't say as I'm glad how it played out but now I think I appreciate common sense problems and life's jolts differently and react to them accordingly --because I have learned so much in the past year. If my life didn't play out this way I would have had to adjust to a different plan. Either way, happiness in my heart is the main goal for me.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thanks for shareing your good news with us...: