Notices

Overwelmed & Afraid

Old 09-07-2011, 07:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Biza;3093609]In reality if you do have an animal hoarding problem you have past the point where you are helping them. Placing them or at least some of them in new homes is best. Lowering your numbers to where you feel you have a reasonable amount and you can still give good care to them. They will not help to fill the void you feel.

My Aunt totally took over on my animal problem.
she managed to do the impossible in 3 days.I could have never done it without her.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
~sb

Zorilla, you can do this! You warmed my heart today! I'm anxious cause I have to get my resume redone, scared cause I don't know how to make me shine, setting myself up cause I said I'd have it out last week...blah blah blah, and it's raining & blah outside, too!

My warmed heart is helping me get motivated to 'get'er done' before tonight's 7:30 meeting (homegroup with sponsor present).

Thank you!

SeekSobriety, what's CMA? I looked it up, but found other CMA's.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:32 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
Zorilla, you can do this! You warmed my heart today! I'm anxious cause I have to get my resume redone, scared cause I don't know how to make me shine, setting myself up cause I said I'd have it out last week...blah blah blah, and it's raining & blah outside, too!

My warmed heart is helping me get motivated to 'get'er done' before tonight's 7:30 meeting (homegroup with sponsor present).

Thank you!

I'm glad I warmed your heart...a warm heart can probally motivate anybody.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:26 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You can do this Zorilla, I was addicted to Meth and kicked it 13 years ago sucessfully, and now I am trying to kick a Vicodin addiciton. The "up" feeling that your addies gives you WILL come naturally, I never thought it would. After staying up for days at a time, sometimes a week and seeing everything under the sun outside my window (hallucinations). I know EXACTLY where you are coming from and how you feel, we all love being high and that energretic feeling, but we cant use anymore to get that. It will come naturally, its just going to take time.
By the way, I am on Day 2 clean, so I am still in withdrawls and know how you feel.......
Old 09-07-2011, 09:33 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Zorilla, I'm so glad that you're getting into rehab soon.

And, it's wonderful that your aunt is helping out with your beloved animals.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:46 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Zorilla, I'm so glad that you're getting into rehab soon.

And, it's wonderful that your aunt is helping out with your beloved animals.
I have so much family that would help me if I would let them.Yes I do love them.

The strange thing is I just called my Aunt to talk.She said that she was just going to call me..She said that she was coming over and getting rid of most of my dogs.I tried to tell her no and she said i'm coming to get them;and I said ok.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:07 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by djensen View Post
You can do this Zorilla, I was addicted to Meth and kicked it 13 years ago sucessfully, and now I am trying to kick a Vicodin addiciton. The "up" feeling that your addies gives you WILL come naturally, I never thought it would. After staying up for days at a time, sometimes a week and seeing everything under the sun outside my window (hallucinations). I know EXACTLY where you are coming from and how you feel, we all love being high and that energretic feeling, but we cant use anymore to get that. It will come naturally, its just going to take time.
By the way, I am on Day 2 clean, so I am still in withdrawls and know how you feel.......
i know you know how i feel.
for me coming off adderall is alot easier than meth.
i would sit and sleep and just cry in a chair with a blanket over my head coming off meth;but as soon as i felt better it would start all over again.

I also can imagine how you feel.I've had alot of good friends addicted to opiates.I've seen how they suffered in withdrawal and watched them destroy their lives.

I also watched my very good friend carried out in a body bag because this time when he overdosed there was no coming back..I was there to see his Mother when she was told he was dead.I don't ever want to see that again...he didn't want to quit;he knew how much he could use and not die.

I'm so glad to hear someone that is stopping opiates.
Thanks for your support and I return the same to you.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:09 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Zorilla, thanks for sharing parts of your story. From some of your more recent posts it sounds like you are starting to take action by slowly removing obstacles that you used as excuses for going to rehab and getting on a road to recovery. I would agree with others you should seriously consider detox while waiting to go into treatment. It can really make a difference in your success. God Bless and good luck
Old 09-07-2011, 12:47 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thank you for taking these steps. Thank you for talking to your family and asking for help. By taking these steps to make your life better, you are actually making the world better. Did you realize that? It is a big thing. It is a very cool thing.
I appreciate that you are asking for help.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:04 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

yes i do see it as a cool thing.
my insurance okayed detox and resdential at this rehab.
i wonder if they would pay for for detox now?
Old 09-07-2011, 03:59 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Its good to hear that steps are being taken to get you the help you need and want. As for your insurance call the treatment ctr for their assistance in that area. They will work with you to setup and coordinate everything for you. The majority of these people have been where you are and they understand what its like. You would be surprised to find out just how many people are concerned about you and your steps to recovery. Whatever you do stay positive and work through this. GB
Old 09-09-2011, 03:01 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post

Thank you!

CMA (Crystal Meth Anonymous) Crystal Meth Anonymous
Old 09-13-2011, 11:09 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

keep that avatar

Originally Posted by djensen View Post
I can't help smiling and laughing everytime I see it.
Your last one just seemed depressing.