15 years ago... the raw side of my story

Old 09-14-2011, 04:39 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

thanks for the heads up GS - good luck lost4

D
Old 09-14-2011, 06:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I know you're going to Rock that rehab Mish! Sending my love an prayers to you ! It was a pleasure meeting you .....you can do this!! Can't wait to chat with you when you get back.

Best Wishes To You!
Old 09-14-2011, 06:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thank you GS, that's wonderful news that she's going to rehab.
Lost4Now - Your SR family is with you all the way. We'll be here when you get back.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:15 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

That's right, Mish. We'll be here for you. Godspeed.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:37 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

It maybe a good time to see a counselor about your issues and not just the alcohol problem. Even if you get sober, not feeling anything for your family is not a healthy way to live.

Good luck.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:17 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

So glad to hear that, thanks for the update. She has definitely been on my mind.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:53 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

wishing Mish all the best in the world. Praying for her, and thankful that she found this forum . God bless her.

chicory
Old 09-14-2011, 10:57 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Wow.. I am so sorry to hear this. I started to tear up a bit as I read! You are dealing with a lot! I can tell you that I would be worse off than you if that had happened to me. My daughter is 2 1/2 but around 9 months she got a tortillia chip and started choking and I was instantly a mess.. we were at a resteraunt and I was losing it. I was crying and my dad was with me so because I was shaking so bad I handed him over to her and he looked lost as well like what am I suppose to do? ... it probably was only one minute before she threw up the chip allowing her to breath again but it felt like a life time for me and I was shaking the rest of the day. I would not be right if I lost her and so I understand exactly how you feel though I have never experienced this kind of pain. I am glad to see you are taking the right steps now to get clean. Your children deserve to feel the love just as much but this is something that you will need to work on forever .. I am so sorry again that you had to go through this and you will see them again some day. Welcome!! I hope you are able to stay strong and get your head where you want it to be so you can be a good mother for your children but still remember the good memories of your first loves!