Notices

Looking for help.....always.....

Old 08-29-2011, 04:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Looking for help.....always.....

Hi i am a newbie, here and to soberity. Today is day 54 and i am so thankful! However, living in the greater Los Angeles area I cant seem to find a dual diagnosis anonymous or dual recovery anonymous meeting anywhere! I am activily atending aa now, but would REALLY like to try one of the other meetings, since i am dual dianosied. I have no idea if i posted this in the right place but any help wold be greatly appericated!!! I have tried draonlineorg and all othe web sites but NOTHING is up to date.

Ps. I have no idea how to use the spell check so sorry!! Thanks!
Old 08-29-2011, 04:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Corabelle - welcome to SR

Have you tried the LA AA office? you may find someone there who knows
http://www.lacoaa.org/

Hopefully someone here may know too...

D
Old 08-29-2011, 04:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

Ask your psychiatrist or do a search, I found many available.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome corabelle! I'm sorry I don't have advice for you, but want to say congratulations on your hard earned 54 days. That's great news.

I hope someone will be able to answer your question. Meanwhile, I hope you'll stay with us and keep posting.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Welcome and congrats on 54 days!

Not sure about the answer to your question. I haven't heard of these groups myself, but I would think they must exist..
Old 08-30-2011, 11:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you to all the replys! I have tried all the suggestions. I have even sent an email to the dual recovary website, no reply yet. The website has not been updated for a few years! My next move is to get on the phone, the most recently updated meetings were from 2004 so i hope the numbers still work! And then someone in my group threpy mentioned he went to meetings before, i didnt have a chance to ask him before he left but hope to see him tomorrow! Happy to have found this site and you all! And grateful for AA meetings i have! Thanks again!
Old 08-31-2011, 12:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi, you probably saw this while doing a search, but it not.....here is at least one meeting in the L.A. area. Also, if you look at the Mental Health Forum here at SR there are several of us Dual Diagnosed folks.........

LOS ANGELES - 12 Step & Speaker Meeting, Wednesday 7:30 - 9:00 p.m. (Open Meeting) 255 So. Mariposa St. Contact: Jeani H., Phone #: 213-381-8447 Email: [email protected] Non-Smoking with smoke break. We are one block East of Normandie, off of 3rd. St., First street after Normandie. There are two driveways. Come up the first one and it is the 3rd house over. Come to the back door just to the side of the patio.
The meeting that was held in Hollywood on Hayworth has moved over to our address. Don't be shy! Come on by so we can say HI!
If you have a desire to stay sober, be med compliant, and want to meet others like yourself, come on by. You'll see how "normal" you really are! We laugh a lot, share a lot and are there to help you get sponsors and just to ask questions. (New Meeting 3/2003)

LOS ANGELES - Dual Recovery Anonymous, Thursday 12:30 - 2:00 p.m. (Open Meeting) 12714 S. Avalon Blvd. Conference Room 'A'. Phone #: 323-777-0130 extension 223. Non-Smoking with Smoke Break. (New Meeting 7/2003)

That is from the DRA website, copy and pasted.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Corabelle, to SR and well done on your 54 days! As always there is someone here who can help with and answer.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I'm dual diagnosed too.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

One of the keys to succses is to accept that is ok to ask for help. Remember you don't have to do this alone. Congrads on your sobrity, I am on day 83. It is worth it.