Notices

Day1...new start attempt2...new plan

Old 08-29-2011, 08:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day1...new start attempt2...new plan

Its my Day 1 today. Feel a little depressed, I hope it will go away.
Had a hangover today as well. I have the list of things ready to be done and entertain me for the following month!
I believe that life could be beautiful only for sober ones! And Im one them at the moment!
I hope to stay strong with your support and advice.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Healthyfood,
I think we were at the same place before together. I feel off the wagon and have had a hard time since. I too am gonna try again and today is my day 1. I too feel incredibly depressed. Nice to hear I got someone starting again too.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

New day; new start; new plan - great that you've made a list of things to keep you occupied, wish you all the best. Stay strong.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

bennybored

Oh its your day1 too today? Excellent, then its not just me! I have heartburn to day as well as hangover. My house is a mess, haven't clean for 2 weeks! I have never skipped cleaning days ever!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

wantthistostop

Thank you! Yes list is ready, I keep adding things to it! And I also have a diary...I will write there my feelings!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome back healthy and benny....You can do this,if i can you can,today is my day 3 and the last 2 days have been very hard but i have pushed through them.Im actually feeling great today and i have eaten like i have never eaten before...When i drink i never eat.Come on guys lets give each other strength.....
Old 08-29-2011, 09:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

stevie88

Im so happy for you!!! Day 3!!! Keep it going!!! Its mine first today. I will start with laundry to keep myself occupied.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Day 1 here too. I haven't been on here for a while because I had my drinking well under control. I never quit completely but i cut waaaayyyy down. I was exercising, and feeling better physically.

For some reason I just totally lost control. I know that as i plummet closer to 30 yrs old, my body can't take this anymore. I'm tired all the time. Now i get bad acid reflux after a night of doing shots. Today all I ate was a plum and some water and I got so nauseous and acidy. I puked and it burned like heck.

Wouldn't it be lovely to wake up feeling refreshed and looking forward to the day? What a concept!!!!!!!!!

So, good luck to you all. I'm going to treat my body well today.

P.S. I find it ironic that I'm so picky about what my son eats. i buy organic as much as i can afford and i make sure he gets all his nutrients each day. Then i treat myself like trash and dump poison into my mouth every day. How Crazy...
Old 08-29-2011, 10:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

IrishEyes88

I definitely can not control my drinks, I have to have at least 5 glasses of wine. Horrible. My only way is to stay away or otherwise it will bet worse. And we all know that, there is no such thing "a little drinking". Its either none or 2 bottles. I prefer none.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ive made a list myself and keep looking at the pro's and con's of it.... it's an excellent reminder and is keeping me focused.

Oh Irish eyes, so sorry for the relapse - i think thats one of the tricks that drink plays on us - it allows us to think that WE have IT under CONTROL. I just dont think its true.... Get back to your exercising and if you try to eat at the same time as your boy you'll both be eating healthy and you may resist putting the other toxin in your body

I hope that even if i get months/yrs into this sober living i never forget this site as it will help to remind me and keep me strong.

Stevie, keep up the good work. Benny - dont be to hard on yourself, stay focused.

Last edited by wantthistostop; 08-29-2011 at 10:41 AM. Reason: typo