Notices

really hard time

Old 08-24-2011, 02:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

really hard time

hello.
i'm having a very hard time today getting out of my head. the flashbacks of last week's incident are intense. I don't know what is real or is not real. I can't believe any of that came out of my mouth, even though I don't know what i really said, i just know i did that.

I am getting picked up for a meeting at 5pm. This is the only thing keeping me going today. Otherwise, I'm just sitting here, feeling like i want to scream "that's not me" and "that's not what happened" and "i didn't mean that" and "i'm sorry" and "i'm sorry" "i'm sorry"

that's all i can think of in my head. sorry. i'm just so sorry. I wish i had not taken a sip of alcohol. i wish i'd solved this problem sooner! I'm just so sorry, I am sorry I am sorry.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi OceanSize

I hope you'll come to find, like I did, that the more time you spend working on yourself and being the person you really want to be, the more you'll feel you've made as right as you can over whatever happened.

It takes time and effort, but I know you can do it

D
Old 08-24-2011, 11:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

We all have regrets, OceanSize.... just don't let them eat you alive. It's painful, but like Dee said, as you build your sobriety up again, you'll feel better about things.

I hope you can find some things to be positive about - we're here for you....
Old 08-24-2011, 11:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Beating this demon for GOOD

as a very dear friend told me, just the other day (he is one of us), "put that bat down." It's done and over, and today will be better.

We all have regrets, but you can't beat yourself up over them. One thing I have learned to be tremendously important (and finding it all too true in its simplicity), you can't regret yesterday, you can't worry about tomorrow, just live in and be in today. One day at a time. Blessings and hugs to you.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ocean....I think you were given great advice above. The only way I knew how to make things better, was by picking myself up, and working on my recovery. I knew if I stopped drinking I would never again regret my drunken behavior. This is not who you are...forgive yourself and move forward. Everyone makes mistakes Ocean....we learn from them and in time forgive ourselves.

:ghug3

Best Wishes To You!
Old 08-25-2011, 01:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I will never forget the misery I went through when I stopped drinking and had to deal with the things I had said and done. I kept wanting to say 'I'm not that person' and yet I was that person. The good news was that I could learn and grow and become the person that I wanted to be. You can do that too.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Well I am glad you came into the chat room, it was a pleasure to meet you and i hope you keep comin in