Notices

Very new...

Old 08-24-2011, 12:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wink Very new...

I'm just writing here to say hello... I stumbled upon this site and have been reading it for a few hours now. I was always hiding the fact that I'm a former addict (if those exist)... but after reading posts on here, I don't feel like I have to hide any more. My life had taken a turn for the worst last year around this time so I am finding it especially hard to cope with everything that has gone (wr)on(g) in my life... but I'm looking forward to hearing... well, seeing what people have to say and becoming an active member of the online community.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome!! This is a great place to be - lot's of info and a ton of support!!
Old 08-24-2011, 01:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi ... Very nice to meet you. Lots of great support on these boards - you've found a wonderful place here.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't think it makes a huge difference that I'm not from the USA, does it? :S
Old 08-24-2011, 01:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

We have a disease. Geography is irrelevant here! Welcome!!!!!
Old 08-24-2011, 01:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Editor

Welcome and I love your sig line.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to our recovery family.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Hellonheels - Great to have you with us! Sorry you've had troubles lately. I hope we can help support you to stay clean/sober. We know what it's like.....

Keep reading/posting......!
Old 08-24-2011, 11:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR hellonheels!
Old 08-25-2011, 12:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome! I love that: hell on heels!
Old 08-25-2011, 10:04 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome! You're in the right place if you ever need support
Old 08-25-2011, 10:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Welcome to SR!
Old 08-30-2011, 02:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you for all of the welcomes! I'm still coming to terms with everything and trying to make sense of it all ... but it's one hell of a thing to overcome. I'm at a point in my life where I don't know anyone enough to tell them what I'm going through so I'm trying to do it on my own (hence my joining) ... I think I'm going to take some time one day and make a blog and just let it all out ... I don't know when that will happen but possibly next week - for the fact that I will be free of distraction(s) at home. I've been clean of what I initially was addicted to in the past, the dreaded Oxycontin / percocet combination... but lately I've unfortunately turned to codeine... I need to figure out why I'm doing this to myself - I know it's wrong, I know and admit that I'm an addict ... but stress seems to be what drives me to do it all...

AGH. I'm at work, babbling and trying to keep my spirits up... Don't mind me, I won't babble for long.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

hellonheels - Not babbling at all - we understand just how you feel. I didn't have anyone to share what I was going through either. People knew I had a problem, but managed to say very unhelpful things that just made me furious. I'm glad you found SR - you're not alone anymore, & we all get you
Old 08-30-2011, 03:23 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I'm glad that people here can relate ... I'm just having trouble (personally) dealing with it all... I hate how I feel coming off everything... but I hate the feeling I get when I do it... such a rhetorical way to feel. Unfortunately where I live, the support systems aren't in place; and with it being such a "small community," it makes it even harder to seek guidance or assistance... I work at one of the major hotels here and don't want things to be said or what not - regardless of the "what happens here stays here" reputation of meetings or the like - people talk,... people thrive on drama in the Arctic... which is unfortunate but it's the reality. ergh
Old 08-30-2011, 05:07 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

hellonheels - I worked for a hotel for many years & everyone there thrived on drama as well . I was dreading having people find out, but actually once I started talking about it I got some wonderful support. People already knew I had a problem - it wasn't the big secret I imagined it was. You know best, of course. At least you can be sure we will have empathy here at SR.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:21 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I think they know something is up because I think I've had something that a girl called a pill hangover... but it wasn't on anything I've taken before ... and I should never touch ... I flew across the country for a weekend (went to my boyfriend's home town) ... and don't remember a minute of it. . . but the people I work with ... are extremely judgemental and I'm afraid to talk to them...
Old 08-30-2011, 05:40 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Welcome,

Hell on wheels. It is so good to have this community to talk about what is really bothering us. I am on the other side of the world too, the hot part.

CaiHong
Old 08-30-2011, 06:11 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!
Old 08-30-2011, 08:51 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I am new on here also, from Cyprus. Dont think it really matter where on the planet we are, in fact I find it comforting that so many people from so many different places are able to meet at the same club every day. New friends across the globe, all brought together with one thing in common, isn't technology amazing. Good luck with your journey. Our messages are zooming across the planet to each other to help each other, I think thats really lovley, and arent we lucky to be here at this time in the overall scheme of things and to have this facility.