Notices

Day 5

Old 08-19-2011, 08:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5

Day 5 has always been a tough one for me in my previous attempts at keeping it up. Plus it's Friday; end of the week when the rest of the world goes out drinking.
But I feel strong in my determination.
After exercising a lot yesterday and sleeping in late, however I feel pretty wiped out. I know I need the sleep right now bc my body is basically making up for the lost time and solid sleep I deprived it of when I was passing out most nights.
It was always like this:
If I don't drink at all, I feel like I could sleep and sleep
If I drink just a few, I toss and turn all night
So if I was going to drink, I would have to drink at least ten until I basically passed out so I could stay asleep through the night...
But the anxiety has begun to fade. Still have feelings of shame and resentment for things I have done or said, but that just helps me to think about bettering my mistakes by staying sober and not doing it again.
Thanks to everybody here for the ongoing words of encouragement.
This is by far the most support I've ever received in my battle to stay sober.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well, congrats on day 5, and good thing you're not the rest of the world. And in getting rid of drinking, I've found that there's lots and lots of folks who find better things to do with their weekends besides drinking them away. And thank you for reading and posting on SR.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Way to go on day 5! Getting through that first weekend is always a challenge, but it gets easier as you go along. You're off to a great start.....

Treat yourself to some really good carry-out, buy a new movie, or just hang out with us. Think about how you're going to feel waking up tomorrow feeling good......
Old 08-19-2011, 09:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

Try not to predict anything but your next move. I napped daily in the past 95 days. The naps are reducing and my energy is increasing! Keep moving forward!
Old 08-19-2011, 05:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Instead of drinking beer I ate a cheeseburger at one of the best joints in town for burgers. it was pretty amazing and much more satisfying than beer. in for the night...another day checked off the calendar. i feel good about this.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

WTG...glad you are here at SR and sober!!