SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 14 and feeling great ! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/234142-day-14-feeling-great.html)

basias 08-14-2011 05:52 AM

Day 14 and feeling great !

Can't believe it has been 14 days since my last binge....feeling really good again after some rocky moods last week. I have noticed in the past couple of days that I am so sleepy I can hardly keep my eyes open. When I was detoxing my blood-pressure and pulse were really high, and I cannot sleep during those times. I checked my blood-pressure yesterday at the drug store and it was 116/70 and my pulse was down to 76. That gave me the answer I needed for being so sleepy. I am realizing more and more the "stress" that drinking and drugging puts on my body is very dangerous, especially while in withdrawal. Anyway, I am happy that my health is not destroyed yet.....it gives me more incentive to continue my recovery. Have a great day everyone.

wheresthefun 08-14-2011 06:00 AM

Great basias, glad to hear it!

recoverywfaith 08-14-2011 06:10 AM

WTG...have a wonderful sober day!

aidadeb 08-14-2011 06:34 AM

Hi Basias,
Congrats on day 14. I remember reading your first post..."You've come a long way Baby"
Keep up the good work!:c011:

Ghostlight 08-14-2011 12:19 PM

Glad to see the changes already. Believe me, it only gets better.

Keep it up, and best to you.

NewDayNewWay 08-14-2011 12:35 PM

Its going to get even better for you.
Stay strong

Dee74 08-14-2011 03:12 PM

congratulations basias :)

D

eJoshua 08-14-2011 03:27 PM

Congrats! Keep up the good work.

sugarbear1 08-14-2011 09:35 PM

Awesome! Do more days! :)

shadeofplato 08-15-2011 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by basias (Post 3070754)
Can't believe it has been 14 days since my last binge....feeling really good again after some rocky moods last week. I have noticed in the past couple of days that I am so sleepy I can hardly keep my eyes open. When I was detoxing my blood-pressure and pulse were really high, and I cannot sleep during those times. I checked my blood-pressure yesterday at the drug store and it was 116/70 and my pulse was down to 76. That gave me the answer I needed for being so sleepy. I am realizing more and more the "stress" that drinking and drugging puts on my body is very dangerous, especially while in withdrawal. Anyway, I am happy that my health is not destroyed yet.....it gives me more incentive to continue my recovery. Have a great day everyone.

Thumbs up! Stay with it!
You know, one of my friends once told me, that the most pleasant feeling for him actually wasn't drinking, but revival after a hangover. I'd like to ask him now does he knows how pleasant life could be without hangovers. Unfortunately, I can't: he's no more.

michelebelle 08-15-2011 02:34 AM

:c011:

ajangel 08-15-2011 03:11 AM

Great to know you are starting to feel better. There will be some ups and downs but it is all well worth it. I too had very high bp while detoxing. I checked mine the other day and it was 96/60. It is a little low for me but I'll take it. Keep it up.

basias 08-15-2011 05:10 AM

Thanks for all the helpful posts. Monday morning and it's already half a month of sobriety, can't believe it. Wow, when I was detoxing......time moved like a snail, now time is flying. Gotta start looking for a job today, not really looking forward to that. I have so many "holes" in my employment history now because of binging......don't know how to explain that. If I tell the truth I won't get hired, what to do ? Any advice?

ajangel 08-15-2011 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by basias (Post 3071937)
Thanks for all the helpful posts. Monday morning and it's already half a month of sobriety, can't believe it. Wow, when I was detoxing......time moved like a snail, now time is flying. Gotta start looking for a job today, not really looking forward to that. I have so many "holes" in my employment history now because of binging......don't know how to explain that. If I tell the truth I won't get hired, what to do ? Any advice?

I was off for a month. I told my employers that I needed a break. You could say that you were dealing with a family crisis that is now resolved. It is a family crisis so technically you are not lying. They do not need to know anything other than that.

wheresthefun 08-15-2011 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by basias (Post 3071937)
Gotta start looking for a job today, not really looking forward to that. I have so many "holes" in my employment history now because of binging......don't know how to explain that. If I tell the truth I won't get hired, what to do ? Any advice?

Hate to say this, especially because I'm one of those people who are honest to a fault, but - lie! Nothing grandiose, just cover those times, with some kind of employment that cannot be verified. Maybe you had a small business you were trying to get off the ground, or helping a sick relative...

I know this site is all about honesty, but read the news, you gotta do what you gotta do, it's nuts out there right now.

basias 08-15-2011 06:30 AM

Wow.....thanks for the feed-back guys ! I do have a friend who owns a business and I am sure he would cover my unemployed time. Hate to lie too, but I have to pay the rent or my cat and I would be on the streets. LOL

wheresthefun 08-15-2011 06:35 AM

Good!

Although, I was just thinking about helping out a sick relative, an employer might think that's nice and all, but will he abandon me for that sick relative or another one, some time down the road????

Just a thought. :wink3:

shadeofplato 08-15-2011 06:39 AM

If our society had more tolerant attitude towards resocialization of former addicts, people wouldn't have to invent stories. BTW, I really like how lpnangel puts it: actually if you say as he advised you won't lie (problems with alcohol IS a family crisis, after all!), you just don't enter into details.

basias 08-15-2011 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by shadeofplato (Post 3072018)
If our society had more tolerant attitude towards resocialization of former addicts, people wouldn't have to invent stories. BTW, I really like how lpnangel puts it: actually if you say as he advised you won't lie (problems with alcohol IS a family crisis, after all!), you just don't enter into details.

Yes, it really is a family crisis.......never thought of it that way. Thanks

wheresthefun 08-15-2011 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by basias (Post 3072074)
Yes, it really is a family crisis.......never thought of it that way. Thanks

Yes, it is, but again be careful. I am an employer, and when I hire someone, I want to feel they are committed to becoming of the team/business. I know we should always put family first, but potential employers don't want to hear that.

I really like the idea of recruiting your friend, who could actually collaborate on your work "history". :wink3: