Notices

Need encouragement

Old 08-12-2011, 03:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Need Encouragement

Hello lpnangel
You are not selfish. Its a lot to take in. Keep trust in your higher power, that's your strong point.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

(((lpn))) - I'm sorry you're going through this and I understand about the family dynamics.

I just wanted to mention that I've been through some really rough stuff since I've begun recovery, and there wasn't a time that someone on SR wasn't here to get me through them. I also have f2f (or at least e-mail or phone call) people who are very supportive.

I'm really glad you went to the meeting and shared. I agree that the newcomer probably walked away with a really good feeling about the group.

If/when things get crazy, reach out. I've even read old posts that reminded me of why I got clean until someone I knew logged on (funny, that always happened, even in the middle of the night).

Drinking/using to get through hard times makes it all way worse, I can promise you that from experience.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-12-2011, 03:51 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear ipnangel, currently having home troubles and family issues also. But there is one thing I am sure we can all agree on. There isn't a problem in the world we can't make worse by drinking. Gotta thank Stugotz for occasionally hammering that point home here, I find myself repeating it loads when something sets a fire in my alcoholic brain.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:04 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Sorry to hear about your news. I'm sure that you'll look back on this time and be glad you were able to deal with things with a clear, sober mind.

Keep strong!
Old 08-12-2011, 08:24 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
~sb

Your sharing and the group's support showed that woman that it works if you work it. Probably what she needed. There's a program for everyone, no matter which they choose! May you sleep well tonight
Old 08-12-2011, 10:12 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

It's not selfish. One thing I found about drinking to numb pain, it only delays the reaction, sooner or later you have to deal with it and by the time you get around to doing that, there's often a host of other issues to deal with as well - it all compiles. It's healthy to be able to feel and process.