Notices

How to reprogram

Old 08-11-2011, 06:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I remember starting evenings with the best of intentions and a very long list, but once I got drinking, they never got FINISHED. It took me two months to trim out my bedroom ceiling - finally, my brother couldn't stand looking at it; he came and painted the room for me. LOL

I was taught very early in sobriety that I had to change everything, but it didn't mean I had to stop doing things. I know I was a creature of habit - first, this gets done, then that gets done...

I found shaking up the usual routine was helpful in stopping the old patterns of thinking - in everything! I went so far as wearing my watch on my right arm; instead of my left. Instead of leading with my right leg, I put my pants on in the morning with the left leg.

Change, change, change, change.....
Old 08-11-2011, 08:23 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I have found a diet green tea, or ginger ale. Put it in a glass with ice, drink it while you work just as you would wine, and you will completely cover the "glass in the hand" bit.

I'm a real habitual drinker and I find having a drink at all times to be pretty necessary.