Notices

I need to say this...

Old 08-11-2011, 08:33 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
One thing that personally aggravates me more than arguing and bickering over recovery is personal attacks via PM. I have had two people send me a private message. Neither one of them are ever on this site -maybe except to read and I found it intimidating almost a 'threatening' feeling.
Please be careful who you trust on Internet forums.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:38 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Select PM...Move to Folder...Delete! Problem solved!
Old 08-11-2011, 08:41 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Saphira, I have been here for years and I continue to be saddened by the nonsense threads that continue to appear. However, I always find inspiring words and people that I admire.

Please remember that you are encouraged to put any member who annoys/frightens you on Ignore and you will not get PMs from him or be able to see his posts. There is no need to read posts/threads that upset you and no need to be intimated by another member, ever.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:22 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AVRT View Post
Please be careful who you trust on Internet forums.
Quite frankly, I don't trust anyone...but as a fair reasonable person I do prefer to give people a chance and the benefit of the doubt. There are no strangers. But its ultimately up to them if they screw it up! Both have -so buh-bye.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:26 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Professional Drunk

Im actually amazed at how civilized this forum is as compared to other forums in general. I dont really see hostility here, but rather constructive debate sometimes. I belong to a sports discussion forum...now that place has real hostility haha.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:57 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Yes, this forum is VERY civil compared to most I belong to, and considering the importance of the subject matter...pretty impressive I think!

Many times when I feel my hackles rise over a post, I realize that I am not really "listening" to what the poster is saying, often I am just hearing MY response to what I think they might be saying, or what I fear they might be saying. Many times, when I go back and reread a post, it isn't really saying what I let myself get upset over. I learn alot about myself by seeing what I react to, what am I afraid of.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Originally Posted by Threshold View Post
Yes, this forum is VERY civil compared to most I belong to, and considering the importance of the subject matter...pretty impressive I think!

Many times when I feel my hackles rise over a post, I realize that I am not really "listening" to what the poster is saying, often I am just hearing MY response to what I think they might be saying, or what I fear they might be saying. Many times, when I go back and reread a post, it isn't really saying what I let myself get upset over. I learn alot about myself by seeing what I react to, what am I afraid of.
That's SO true! I completely agree, the times I have gotten my feathers rustled it's only because I've heard what I wanted to hear and taken offense at it, and not taken the time to really read what the poster is saying and think about how they are feeling.

Very insightful, thank you for sharing.