Notices

7 weeks - tired, distracted, cranky, hungry

Old 08-10-2011, 09:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ETA

7 weeks - tired, distracted, cranky, hungry

It's been 7 weeks today since I stopped drinking.

My every day is just like this:
  • Wake up, snooze, wake up, snooze - so TIRED, bummed out to go to work
  • Go to work - get no work done, distracted, feeling distracted
  • Go to lunch - eat, take a nap, get back to work later than
  • Go back to work - distracted, energetic, thinking of all the things I want to do when I get home, get excited about doing cool stuff, distracted
  • Leave work -cranky, sluggish, maybe nap
  • Go to bed

I can't focus, I hate my job, my energy level is SO low.

I mean I hated my job before but at least I was doing something about it by networking, applying for other jobs etc. Now I'm just spending my time pretending to work while google searching things to bake and gardening tips.

A few weeks ago I posted about how tired I have been -- the responses and many other posts agreed that it takes a long time to start feeling better, for my body to adjust - more than 7 weeks.

Now it's 7 weeks - I feel better in some ways - I have less worries about the future, less guilt... I feel safer.

But the whole distracted + low energy + cranky evenings.... is bumming me out. I don't feel motivated. I get a burst of energy but it's gone in a flash.

Anyone else out there who are further along that felt this way and made it through to the other side...???
Old 08-10-2011, 09:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That sure doesn't sound like a lot of fun. Glad you're feeling a little better toward the end. What are you doing for your recovery besides not drinking? I've found changing my diet, exercising and doing some reading has really helped me. Also f2f contact and SR has been a real plus. You keep working it and it will work for you.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

ETA

WOW!!!!! This sounds EXACTLY like me!!!
When I was drinking I would go to work but I would totally get at least SOME work done...now (and I am only a few days sober) I cannot concentrate on work for the life of me! I just blog or read about celebrity diets (lol, I know) or just google recipes or shop online.
I mean, mind you, I do get my work done. But I am so tired and get on these uppers and then downers. It's so bizarre!

My story may be a bit different then yours...I have decided that this job isn't for me and that I need a change...I think the stress of the job in itself is leading me to drink a lot more often as well. I am hoping that once I put my two weeks in and start looking for something new I will have a better handle on my life and decisions...and alcohol.

Please keep us posted on your progress! I am only in my first week and I am already getting total brain fog and am super irritable. :/
Sorry if I rambled. Lol.
My spurt of energy just came up...well, now it's gone. So I'm out. :P