Notices

New here!

Old 08-07-2011, 06:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile New here!

Hey all,

I'm new here, today is my day 1 so I'm not exactly feeling great. After my last bender my wife and I got in to a huge fight and she left, taking our only car, which had my phone in it, so I got 2 days of sitting at home feeling sorry for myself until I figured out how to use Google voice to send text messages. She had lunch with me and my dad and his wife today and she's coming home, I really hurt her feelings this time though and she told me that she just couldn't take the pain of watching me kill myself anymore. She has been the most amazingly patient and loving person ever, I always say I wanna be like her when I grow up :rotfxko

I'm excited and scared, I know I can beat this, I know I have a shot but I also know there's a chance of me falling off the wagon and messing up. I plan on using the SMART Recovery program, I had issues with AA from when I went to rehab for other drugs. I don't hold anything against AA, but it was obvious it wasn't for me and rather than take that for what it was worth other members had issues with that and became rather.... shall we say confrontational? So, there's that.

I look forward to getting to know you all, I've been reading posts and you folks seem like genuinely kind and caring individuals and I'm excited to be a part of your community. Thanks for reading my rambling on, trust me there's more to come.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome. If you've followed posts here you no the caution on detoxing and the importance of checking with your doctor on the process. Any support that works for you is good and the more the better. Thanks for the post and joining us.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats!

Are you doing this for her? Or for you? If it's for you, why not check into rehab to give yourself a better chance? Let the Doctor's help you and it show sincerity.

Good luck to you.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Welcome and good luck to you! I'm happy that you found a program that you think will work for you.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Rewrite, that’s a great decision, I too had put my wife through a lot with my drinking so I can relate.

I read about the old saying 'falling off the wagon', the people in the old days that noticed problems with drinking alcohol said they would rather drink water from the water wagon than drink alcohol, the water was in a tank on a horse drawn wagon that they used to keep dust down on the dirt roads, when they didn’t keep their commitment people used to say they 'fell off the wagon'.

Welcome!

There’s a lot of support here
Old 08-07-2011, 06:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I hope we can be as big a help to you as SR was to me.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm not doing it for her, I'm doing it because I realize how much I'm hurting my loved ones and myself and that we all deserve to be healthy and happy. I got two days of being completely alone and miserable and realized that this is how I've made my family feel in their own home. A treatment facility isn't currently an option, and all of them in my area are 12 step, or atleast were just a couple of years ago.

Yes, I'm aware of the dangers in detoxing, but I'm feeling well, better since this morning. Thank you for helping me to feel welcome here!
Old 08-07-2011, 06:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome Rewrite! Glad you decided to join us!!

Best Wishes To You!
Old 08-07-2011, 06:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome! You will find so many wonderfully supportive people here. Looking forward to hearing more from you!
Old 08-07-2011, 07:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR (((Rewrite))) - SR has been a huge part of my recovery and there are several options to getting recovery, we just have to want it more than anything else. Our very life depends on it.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-07-2011, 07:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Rewrite! So glad you've joined us - and yes, this is a wonderful community of amazing people. They helped me get well and stay that way after a lifetime of drinking, so I know it can be done.

You have a good attitude - not resentful or angry, so that helps. Keep talking to us.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Welcome to SR
Old 08-07-2011, 07:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR rewrite

D
Old 08-07-2011, 07:42 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Re-Member