Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

2nd Attempt at sobriety, DAY #1 Need advise on home remidies for withdrawel relief !

Notices

2nd Attempt at sobriety, DAY #1 Need advise on home remidies for withdrawel relief !

Old 08-06-2011, 04:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today if my first day for the second time. Last time lasted 42 days. It slowely krept back up on me with one of these pills one time should be okay and then one drink and know Im back to my old ways again.
Day#1 not even complete as of yet.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi 2nd attempt
welcome

I think the best advice is see a Dr - even if it's a free clinic or the ER - think about it - detox can be tricky, even dangerous, for some of us.

That's not to scare you - I just think seeing a Dr is the best thing anyone can do.

It's ultimately up to you tho, of course

Here's a link to some of our members withdrawal experiences - you may find some help there

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

D
Old 08-06-2011, 04:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dee is absolutely right. Please talk to your dr or go to an ER.

I wish you well!
Old 08-06-2011, 04:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

2NDATTEMPT....I am by no means advising you because Dee is correct you should see a dr....my withdraws were more just anxiety and sleep meds helped calm me down enough to rest....but everyone is different...i also took those emergen-c vitamin things....mine werent too bad though
Old 08-06-2011, 04:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

See a DOCTOR for medical advice.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Orange juice, vitamin B, rest and time. It's all that you can do about this. That if your only talking about alcohol abuse. If your also talking about pills/hard drugs then seeing a doctor will be a good way to get your info about this.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Exclamation

Originally Posted by ACT10Npack View Post
Orange juice, vitamin B, rest and time. It's all that you can do about this. That if your only talking about alcohol abuse. If your also talking about pills/hard drugs then seeing a doctor will be a good way to get your info about this.

Please know that alcohol withdrawal can be just as dangerous, if not more so, than pills/hard drugs. So a doctor's advice for alcohol w/d is just as needed as for w/d from anything else.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

2nd attempt.IF you refuse to see a dr...please at least be close to a hospital...Im only 3 minutes away luckily.....I also had someone here with me at all times.....IF you dont go to a dr take vitamins and sleep as much as you can until it passes.....Even with sleep meds I only got 3-4 hours a night but each time Id doze and wake up my symptoms(anxiety) were MUCH less.....please keep us informed and many of us are on and off here all night if you need to chat.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

*2nd attempt I need to also warn you.....while i detoxed without a dr I also had a year ago been detoxing then broke and binged...i ended up havinga seizure and spending days in intensive care......so I can personally say and ups and downs with alcohol could be bad.....please talk to someone/or us to walk you through temptations in your detox...if you physically feel ill go to emergency room AND be honest...I lied when I went so I made it harder on myself...which could have been fatal