Notices

Day 2...made it past day 1!

Old 08-08-2011, 08:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Way to go Amanda! I remember you from a previous post. It looks like we are in a similar boat. I love your post above about being present for your daughter. Up until a few weeks ago I spent the entire day drinking and trying to find a way to numb the boredom instead of enjoying the company of my 3 year old daughter. I'd sit at the kitchen table messing around on the computer, sipping on wine in a coffee mug while my daughter played and watched tv by herself in the living room. So sad really. I'd hear her little voice or look up to watch her dancing to a song on the tv and it would literally break my heart knowing that I was missing everything and not being fair to her. I have really tried lately (while cutting down my alcohol consumption substantially) to spend quality time with her. I still find myself bored to tears at times but I am making a conscious effort to engage with her instead of just "make it through the day". Keep up the great work. I decided I couldn't go "cold turkey" so my plan has been no drinking on M,T and Th and greatly reduced consumption on the other days. I have been able to keep to that plan for the last 2 weeks. This is a great accomplishment for me as up until 2 weeks ago today, I can't remember the last time I had a day without alcohol. Now I have 6 out of 14! Hoping to cut W and Su here in the next few weeks. Good luck to everyone!
Old 08-08-2011, 09:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Made it past day 3! I'm also feeling great! It's amazing how much fun I've had with my daughter also. I used to look forward to putting her to sleep so that I could get that bottle open. Now that that's not an option, I don't think about drinking, I think about enjoying my time with her. I was snuggling with her last night and I started feeling really bad. I was such a slave to alcohol. I didn't really enjoy her like I should have. I was hungover 2-3 days per week and tired every other day. Well, that's not happening anymore. I'm going to be sober for her from now on! She deserves it!

So I'm starting day four. In the two-ish months I've tried getting sober I've never made it through day 4. This time, though, it's going to happen. I can feel it. Heck, I know it. My husband is off work today. So we're going to drop our daughter off at her daycare and have a date day. We're going to go to lunch at a mexican restaurant and go bowling. Both are places that I've consumed a lot of alcohol, but since my husband doesn't drink, avoiding it should be easy.

Suresh-sleep will come. I'm glad you understand that. Good Luck today! What day are you on? You're doing great!
Hi Amanda!

It touches my heart to say that you're gonna do better for your daughter. I'm really proud! Have a great date day! And i think its good you're going to places which you've previously consumed a lot of alcohol. It'll be a personal test for you, and i'm a 100% sure you'll succeed! No best of luck needed, I know you can do it!

Since the clock is 12.11am, its officially my 8th day! I made it past a week yuhoo!!!!