Notices

I keep trying....

Old 08-02-2011, 08:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Fen, just be honest! Maybe your husband will help you and speak to them for you. It would be best to call (or have your husband call) ahead to see what they would do for you, to make sure you're comfortable with it. I finally confessed to my doctor today that I am a recovering alcoholic and he told me that his brother is a recovering alcoholic as well. He had TONS of useful advice! I think we all felt so alone that none of us realized how *many* other people are touched by this terrible malady.
Best of luck to you!
Old 08-02-2011, 08:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Always be honest with your doctors. It's one of the early steps to becoming truly honest with yourself. They are there to heal and care.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:54 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Also, just think. You don't have to go to the ER for a foreign body being lodged in an uncomfortable area.

Heh...sorry. too far? Glad your considering going!
Old 08-03-2011, 12:09 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

I'm so happy you've come here for support!

Trust me, the docs have seen it all. Just go there and tell them what you're going through and they'll see you straight.

Don't lose hope! Life in recovery is much better than living in your addictions. I remember feeling like I was "emotionally bleeding" all over the place when I was in the midst of my addiction, and all I wanted was someone to come and stop the bleeding! Turns out I just had to surrender and all the help I needed was there all along, I was just too drunk to see it or reach out for it.

Keep posting here, we're all wishing you the best!
Old 08-03-2011, 12:22 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi, Fen
I think it's far more scary for your family to see you ill and not know what is going on, and the less you tell them, the more they will make up in their minds. You need SOMEONE to be honest with right now, and if you think it's too much for those close to you, an anonymous stranger (a doctor or ER nurse) is just the person. Trust me, they see it every day. You'll be treated with respect and kindness, I promise. I think you need a big hug and some understanding, and you'll get it if you ask for it.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:39 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Wish I had good news. Threw up all night, as soon as I was able to keep something down, I had a shot of vodka. Thanks for your support, I know the moment will come...
Old 08-03-2011, 07:41 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fen3 View Post
Wish I had good news. Threw up all night, as soon as I was able to keep something down, I had a shot of vodka. Thanks for your support, I know the moment will come...
Hi Fen..

The fact that you're mentioning here and keeping it updated is already good news, at least thats the way I see it. Just keep us posted and you can do it!
Old 08-03-2011, 07:50 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

I hope the moment comes for you soon. Any day is a good day to start recovery.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:51 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Hey, Fen. Just wanted to say that I hope you are well and getting the help you need. You deserve a chance at a whole life, not just a superficial one. Be safe, be well.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:17 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Good morning Fen,

If you're like me your outlook is different this am then it was last night. Like maybe you think you over reacted and things aren't that bad. I had many nights where I wanted to reach out for help, didn't, then repeated my insane behavior the next day. My life was miserable and consisted of ehether, i I had any booze left hidden in the basement, what time the liquor store opened and how much cash I could withdraw without raising a red flag. I was caught in a whirlpool I couldn't get out of that I know was only going to end up with me or worse, someone else, dead. I finally reached the point,(which I'm now convinced was Gods help) where I checked myself into a detox hospital drunk one night because I was so fearful of killing someone with my car.

That was 5 1/2 months ago. I finally took the step you are contemplating and I can tell you how much better my life is now. My wife and whole family were very supportive. They finally knew what was wrong with me and have embraced my recovery. I now remember the conversations I had yesterday, see the beauty that life offers us everyday, and I'm getting back to being the man I was before this disease kicked my arse.

Life is better sober.Please give yourself another chance at the life God wants for you.

SH
Old 08-03-2011, 08:36 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Fen,

I joined this forum this Monday, It was after I looked at the clock and realized it was 12:00 noon, and I already had 3 beers. I think that was my defining moment. I started looking for support forums while I was drinking. I made up my mind at that time that I needed to quit.

Do you have a family doctor? If you are too embarrassed to go to a family doctor, than go to the ER. It would probably help if you had the support of your husband, in case you need someone to take you to the ER and to be there for you.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:17 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please see a Dr, Fen.
Take it from someone who's been there, nothing changes if nothing changes...

D