Notices

Today is day 1

Old 08-02-2011, 01:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

My house was the place I drank too - but with commitment, and a lot of support, that very quickly ceased to be an issue for me, Amy

Congratulations on your progress so far

D
Old 08-02-2011, 02:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Amy. Great place to get support.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
~sb

Originally Posted by amy55 View Post
Back in 2006 I drank a bottle of wine (and I am not a wine drinker, it's just that it was the only thing in the house) and took about 6 OTC sleep aids. My ex called 911, and they put it down as an attempted suicide. I really just wanted to go to sleep. After that, they released me from the hospital under the condition that I was an acute outpatient, and had to go to the hospital daily 7 hours per day for 6 weeks.

I lied about my drinking there. 3 times a week, I had to do classes for alcohol dependency. I only did 3 weeks of this, instead of 6 weeks, because I was able to lie so well. I guess that's why I'm posting here now, so that I get used to admitting the truth about my drinking. I don't want to keep lying. I'm just lying to myself, and it's not helping me.
The lies we tell ourselves. You seriously think you fooled them? Many of them are in recovery ad probably bet candy on how long you'd last. The jokester was you! I bet they said prayers you'd get sober.

They let you out so someone seriious could enter the program for help.

We alkies love to think our lies are believed.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:44 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

OK, made it through day 1. Did a lot of reading here today. Now just hoping I can get some sleep tonight. I know this is going to be a problem. I've been there and done that, before on the days that I would stop, just to give my body a break.

It does feel better that I will be going to sleep, knowing that I will not be thinking about what time I should go out to pick up some beer.

Tomorrow when I do go out to get milk, I have to just make sure that the car is not on automatic pilot, and go to a convenience store that does not pass a beer store.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:43 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Holding Strong...

Congrats on getting through day 1. You're doing great!
Old 08-02-2011, 08:18 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

You did it today, you can do it tomorrow. You can do it! I'm so happy for you and us. Every day will feel a bit better.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:16 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Start of day 2.

Yesterday wasn't that bad. I had no urge to drink, but I did have dry heaves, and even though I could hold my hand out without shakes, I felt internal shakes, but I do have PTSD, so it could be a combination of the 2. I wasn't able to eat yesterday, and even though I took melatonin, I did not get one second of sleep, and I also had night sweats.

Not too concerned about all of this, because I do feel better than I did yesterday.

So on to day 2. Looking forward to it.